Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Finally did a TX for myself

TraumaChaser

Reaction score
After months of doing other people gear I finally did one for myself. To many people thought my other one was to scratched up and I never did the back so came up with this. The high gloss clear coat makes it feel pretty slippery so I'm worried when my hands start sweating it's going to be issue. So I know some clear paint with grit or some clear grip tape would work and hopefully still look good.
IMG_0997.JPG IMG_0998.JPGIMG_1008.JPG

Nicely done TC.

I think the gloss finish will be fine ...there are so many surface changes you grip will hold.

Peace Keith

Nicely done TC.

I think the gloss finish will be fine ...there are so many surface changes you grip will hold.

Peace Keith
No it's bad...so slippery it feels wet.

I've done a ton of these tx's and surprised nobody complained about how slick the clear coat is lol. Problem with using the matte clear is it's not as strong as the high gloss. Probably ok for a tx shell nobody has said anything about the matte not holding up yet. I think from no on I'll recommend the matte. It's cheaper too.

Hi TC,
If the matte finish and the gloss are the same manufacturer,
And the same type of finish you can over coat the gloss with Matte . You may just want to (lightly) scuff the gloss with a very mild scotch bride pad ...I re amend (green) this will break open the gloss and allow the matte to grab on.

Peace Keith

Hey TC.
If your using pro grade (white ) is the softest you will have to feel how course they are.

Keith

Hi TC,
If the matte finish and the gloss are the same manufacturer,
And the same type of finish you can over coat the gloss with Matte . You may just want to (lightly) scuff the gloss with a very mild scotch bride pad ...I re amend (green) this will break open the gloss and allow the matte to grab on.

Peace Keith

No they are not the same manufacturer but I could do that just not what I want to do on this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irelandmine