Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

ZMR250 2020 Revival

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
Dusted off an old ZMR250 frame and decided to set to work on modernizing. Wanted to get it in the air with a half decent setup for around £100 so settled on the following:

CaddX EOS Turbo
DYS BE1806 2300KV
SucceX 30x30 Full F4 Stack with Force 800mw VTx
Crossfire Nano
Vifly Buzzer

Had to find some TPU mounts for FPV cam & XT60/VTX mounts which I found. Decided to use racewires as well for easy motor swap outs.

I've managed to install motors, wires, ESC and FC today and get it powered up with no smoke. Have just flashed ESC firmware to Jazz Mavrick 16.73 and confirmed Bi-Directional DSHOT300 is working just fine.

Next steps to install the Xfire nano, cam, Buzzer and VTX and I should be in good shape for a maiden flight.

Here are my pics so far

Reactions: HighTechPauper
So build complete, xfire bound and upgraded and BF configured. Did a quick LOS flight and all is well. Will go for a proper FPV maiden this weekend. Dry weight ended up being 345g

PXL_20201030_204740347.jpg
PXL_20201030_204659628.jpg

So build complete, xfire bound and upgraded and BF configured. Did a quick LOS flight and all is well. Will go for a proper FPV maiden this weekend. Dry weight ended up being 345g

View attachment 4702
View attachment 4701
That’s an impressive beast. Since you’re running crossfire, may as well look at some mid to long range flying?

Yes i wanted to just make sure I got the thing built and it flies before i spend more money on it. I plan to eventually add 4k fpv with onboard DVR, GPS module for rescue and maybe upgrade motors and props as well. Would be nice to get get 10mins from an 1550mah

May also have to change that stubby and add a 45degree adapter . Do something like the naz5 or flywoo with the LR long antenna

So I did a quick LOS today and its extremely stable. Did some punches and all seemed great and sounds fantastic with these lightweight 2.5g bi-blade props. However, got onto my second pack still LOS and bang it flipped out the sky. Nothing broken frame wise or anything but motor 1 hanging off frame. I looked and it seems it had pulled the screws through the holes in the frame and tore itself free. Motor is toast now so need to replace but I'm going to need some micro washers OR screws which have bigger heads on them. Pretty sure the screw is an M2 so any recommendation on how to fix this?

I think an 8mm M2 with an M3 sized head on it would suffice if that exists?

Usually our motor screws on 5+ inches is an M3, and normally you want to use cap head instead of pan head, they can take a good bit more landing abuse before the head gets so buggered the hex wrench won't fit.

Reactions: tevek
All ordered but 10 days delivery for motor annoyingly so will post up some LOS and FPV footage when she's back in the air. I can't believe how much better she is with new internals from the old Naze days. Also got some tr-blades on order T5045 from Dal so that'll be an interesting comparison too

A fair bit has changed since my last post. I replaced the motor and also added a set of tri blade props which has smoothed the drone out a lot and made it quieter. I've also added a GPS module and the RC Hybrid Split. Remaining issues now is prop wash oscillations and jellow in my 4k feed. I just need some advise on next steps. I'm running stock PIDs and Filters from BF4.2.0 so do I jump to 4.2.5 and try or trying adjusting P&D balance and gain first or maybe dynamic notch filters? I can provide a bb log if it would help :D

Final build here, I'm very pleased with it. A nice upgrade one day will be to switch out the DYS engines with some Emax Eco ii 2400kv

PXL_20201125_142655283.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya