Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Yet another brushless micro build?

theGreenOrange

Reaction score
I can't get enough of these micro brushless ones. I ordered all the parts for an ultralight tiny build based on the Tomoquads Kosho frame.

Kosho 64mm frame
Racerstar 0703 15000kv rainbow edition
Racerstar Star6 6A ESC DShot600 16mm
Elf micro f3 FC betaflight 3.2.0 16mm
40mm kingkong props

Dry weight should be around 27g with prop guards. I am shooting for 1S and 2S capable, to do indoor and back yard flying.

Too old, way too small for me! I can't hardly see the thing in the picture!

If you can fly those micro's like you do the 5 & 6 inchers should be a piece of cake. Why are you so infatuated with these micro's?

I'm off learning and flying a bit more with my Mavic so I took some time off here. Different moods, different birds I guess.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

These little things are so fun, and low hassle. I can't believe how fast and nimble they can be. I will build you one if you send me the parts so you can see what I mean. So easy to find a spot to fly, so quick to charge (5C charging!), so quiet, relative safety, and so on.

I saw you had an AP drone video pop up on youtube. Is that the Texas property? Looks cool.

Yeah, I might have to try one. Just build me one and send me the bill, (I think you know I'm good for it?) It's got to be FrSky SBUS though. I'll keep checking the mailbox! :)

I'm not sure what YT video you're talking about? I've posted a few lately of my neighbors place here in SD. He passed away about a month ago, a really good guy. I'm trying to give his Family a little memorial. The place was sold and will no longer be in the Family. I'm still working on it. What you're seeing now is just work in progress.

Jerry

I somehow get a notification sometimes when you upload a YouTube video. The one I saw had a lot of farm stuff like a bunch of hay bales and some silo looking buildings.

I can put a parts list together so you can decide if you want a 3".

Reactions: Jtrjr
Green,

Yeah, that's the neighbors place. I've probably done 50 flights down there now. The weather has been crappy so I can't get it right. I think I got some real good clips yesterday, I still have to sort through them. Then I'll take down the ones on YT and post some new ones.

You don't need to share a parts list, surprise me! I'd love to try one of your builds! I'd be honored if you put something together for me, just send an amount when you want, before or after and I'll get you some cash. You know how to get hold of me, I just need to know how much and how to get it to you.

Maybe you could keep a log of the build with some pics and stuff and post a thread about the build right after you send it to me. Then I'll post some vids after I put it in the air!

Jerry

Cool, sounds like fun. Let me get a plan together and I will let you know how much it comes out to. Do you want all name brand stuff or a mix of that and some chinese parts? I usually do a mix personally.

Green,

Let's go "top-notch"! I want to have this thing forever as a showpiece bird, that looks great and flies better! You can even tag it with a "TGO" marking.

Jerry

Hmm, two minor setbacks. The motors didnt come in yet, I got it confused with another package tracking. Also the some of the heat shrink is a bit too small, replacements arrive Thursday.

But it is good timing because I am sick right now, watching my two young kids by myself. Wife just had nasal surgery and can't come home until I am better. :/

I think its really cool that the GURU is building a drone for Jerry! It will be a masterpiece for sure.

Keith

Hmm, two minor setbacks. The motors didnt come in yet, I got it confused with another package tracking. Also the some of the heat shrink is a bit too small, replacements arrive Thursday.

But it is good timing because I am sick right now, watching my two young kids by myself. Wife just had nasal surgery and can't come home until I am better. :/
hope you guys get well soon, also cant wait to see Jerry's build!

The hard part is done on the Jerry build. The stuff I was waiting on came in and I got the motors and ESC's all fit up and soldered. Probably can get it ready for testing sometime this weekend I hope.

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax