Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Yard Work

Roadking

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
I finally decided to fly the GEPRC Phantom Toothpick in my backyard. There are a lot of trees, and it's hard to see the low branches until they are very close. I think if i had better goggles I could see better because I can't wear glasses with the ones i have and the screen is very close.
Anyway, it was fun.

On my second flight I hit a branch and dropped to the ground. Luckily I missed the water but only by a foot. As I get better I think this could be a good flying spot.

I remember flying the first of my smaller quads around my treed block and taking it nice and easy for fear of ploughing into something. I certainly went through props, a couple of motors and dumped one quad into the chook’s water bowl... nowadays I just line up gaps and nail it, it’s actually smoother and the nerves settle and it’s a lot more fun.
You’re doing great!

There are a lot of trees, and it's hard to see the low branches until they are very close. I think if i had better goggles I could see better because I can't wear glasses with the ones i have and the screen is very close.

I would go out on a limb here (sorry had to) and say it's the camera in the toothpick and not your goggles. It's hard to tell by DVR, but the picture doesn't look great. I'm not sure what the best nano cam is right now, I'm gonna take a look.

Beautiful property btw. Now I want to set up a tinywhoop course from your spiral staircase that goes under that walkway to the water, you've got a heck of a spot there :)

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I would go out on a limb here (sorry had to)
Nice! :)

it's the camera in the toothpick and not your goggles.
Could be. The reason I thought it may be the goggles is because the EV800D's are like looking at something a few inches away. I only need glasses for reading (close up) but see fine from far away. The goggles can't be worn with glasses, but if I put them on everything looks pretty good.

It's my understanding that other goggles, for example Fatsharks, are like seeing something 6+ feet away. That might be better considering my eyesight. Who know? I'm holding off for a bit on getting new goggles because it seems a lot of new stuff is coming out.

Beautiful property btw. Now I want to set up a tinywhoop course from your spiral staircase that goes under that walkway to the water, you've got a heck of a spot there :)

Thank you. Yes, setting up a course is a great idea. I think if I can figure out a repeatable route I can anticipate what's coming up and avoid those pesky low twiggy branches. I also want to find a hole in the trees from up above that I can dive.

I always appreciate everyone's encouragement and suggestions, so thank you for your help. I couldn't fly for more than 5 seconds just a few months ago so I'm getting there and these toothpicks are a great way to learn.

I finally decided to fly the GEPRC Phantom Toothpick in my backyard. There are a lot of trees, and it's hard to see the low branches until they are very close. I think if i had better goggles I could see better because I can't wear glasses with the ones i have and the screen is very close.
Anyway, it was fun.

On my second flight I hit a branch and dropped to the ground. Luckily I missed the water but only by a foot. As I get better I think this could be a good flying spot.

You have an amazing property. Nice flying.

Reactions: Roadking

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax