Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Wizard X220s VTX

Sambo1988

Reaction score
Hi All

I have decided to upgrade my 3 inch to a 5 inch wizard x220s.
I had it delivered Tuesday I installed my receiver and camera set up in beta flight but when i went to fly it was transmitting a black picture, i spent a good few hours checking everything and could not find a fault, my friend popped round and i tried his wizards vtx and all was good. I spoke to the seller and they would replace the vtx after i proved with a video, when i went to record the video the dodgy vtx was working flawlessly and i tried every channel and wobbled all connections.
I am baffled any ideas what could of caused this.

thanks

Goggles are fine tried two sets.

If I’d of spent 3 hours trying to sort it with the lens cap on I’d give up lol.

Just can’t get my head round it

Reactions: Wayno52
Nothing from the osd but the battery meter from the Goggles was on

Thanks guys

I’ll just keep on flying and see what happens

Just have to stop thinking about figuring it out

Thanks

Sam

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Thanks guys

I’ll just keep on flying and see what happens

Just have to stop thinking about figuring it out

Thanks

Sam
It sounds like that vtx may be sketchy. I would change it out if I were you. Yes, there is nothing worse than losing video tx during flight (at that point, hopefully you saw the close surroundings of the last picture, failsafe the quad and then go search where it dropped). Try a different vtx, I recommend a 600mW one. This one works well:
TS5828S Micro VTX 5.8G 600mW 48CH Mini FPV Transmitter SMA RP-SMA for RC Drone Sale - Banggood Mobile

Hi all

This problem has occurred again and it appears to be the F.C. not the vtx I have test two vtx units and they act the same. Does anyone know what this problem might be.

Regards

I can think of a few possibilities:

1. Sufficient voltage is not being supplied to the camera or VTX.
2. Something is wrong with the OSD on your FC (settings or hardware).
3. Camera problem (like bad camera).

Did you check the voltage being supplied to the camera and to the VTX with a multimeter? I would do this first.

If that looks good, I would take the OSD out of the equation temporarily. Solder the camera and VTX video wires together (use wires now connected to OSD in and OSD out).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput