Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Wizard x220 turning on but not buzzing or recognizing battery on Betaflight

fillbraga

Reaction score
I got my first racing quad (Wizard x220) a month ago after having a DJI Spark (for traveling videos only). I have made the setup according to youtube videos. I was able to bind the RC and get it to work. At the beginning looks it was accelerating alone, but saw that without the propellers it´s normal behavior.

On my first take-off attempt, it wasn´t flying, it seems a desync problem (not an insta-flip, just lifting half of quad and stoping). Watching Joshua Badwell videos saw that it seems more a Min-Throttle issue. Set the Min-throttle to a little higher value and after trying to take off again the motors just stopped.

Now my Wizard X220 turns on (no startup sound or LEDs) but none of the motors spin and Betaflight says that the battery is not connected. :(

Any help?
I´m pretty frustrated right now but seeing it as a chance to learn more and soon start to make my own builds.

Welcome @fillbraga, sorry you are having trouble!
From what you are saying it sounds like a wire has come disconnected or the 5 volt regulator has gone out on you. You said it is turning on, but without any LED's or ESC startup tones, what makes you think it is turning on?

Reactions: Wayno52
It's turning on cause the Blue led is turning on on the Controller Board as well the red one on the RF transmitter.

Then it sounds like the 5 volt regulator is fine if the blue LED on the FC and the red LED on the vTX are coming on when you plug in the battery. Does it connect to Betaflight Configurator?

Yes. It connects to Betaflight.

I can see that the accelerometer is working, I can change configs but i can't spin the motors for example. The battery doesn't show as connected.

Last edited:
The battery wouldn't show as connected unless you have wired the VBat pad on the SPRacing F3 board, it doesn't come wired from the factory.

Thinking about what you have going on, I would plug in a battery and check the + and - wires going from the PDB to the ESC's for battery voltage, it could be that something has happened to the PDB. It is odd that you get no startup tones at all from the quad when you plug in a battery, even if the FC wasn't working or being seen by the ESC's you should still get the first 3 tones if battery voltage is making it to the ESC's.

Your initial problem could happen if the props are mounted wrong. Did that myself on my first flight with my X220

If the ESC's gets battery voltage they should beep from the motor upon startup. It doesnt make much sense that you have 5V to your flight controller but no voltage to the ESC's..

Reactions: fillbraga
Your initial problem could happen if the props are mounted wrong. Did that myself on my first flight with my X220
I got through this. I will double check as soon as I get it to work. Thank you Wrecked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax