Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Wizard x220 list of problems

Damasteroftime

Reaction score
Hello, I am a complete newbie to drone and decided to get a wizard x220 with the FS-I6 transmitter. I have bound the transmitter to the drone and it showing a second bar on the screen which I am told means it is bound but when I tried going into beta flight none of the bars moved when I moved stuff on my controller. So far I have reflashed firmware multiple times, rebound too many times, and my transmitter has everything set up according to youtube videos I watched. Also there is a blinking red light on the FC (SP racing F3) and the vtx port is constantly getting VERY hot. I have spent too many hours on youtube, do any of you have answers?

It is normal for the Vtx to get hot on the bench, unplug it while testing if you can.

We will need some details. What receiver are you using? How is it wired? What settings did you put in betaflight on receiver type? Did you select serial receiver on the right UART on the ports tab?

Sorry for the late response, but I am using a GC-6 reciver with a PPM RX input and using default settings and UART?

I have the PNP model but know the wizard well, with the one you got it SHOULD have been almost ready to go right out of the box with only minor changes. I don’t think you are set up correctly but the first thing to find out is can your TX/RX do iBus or not, if so you need to move the connector to the back plug from the front plug on the FC. I am away on vaca but will be back this weekend and can help then.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Make sure your transmitter is set to PPM to 'on' if you are using the FS-I6. By default it is off (go into the setup menu, select RX settings, scroll to PPM to turn it on). Also, in Betaflight, make sure your receiver protocol is also set for PPM, too. I believe the FS-I6 should work with the Spectrum radio settings.

Reactions: theGreenOrange
It is normal for the Vtx to get hot on the bench, unplug it while testing if you can.

We will need some details. What receiver are you using? How is it wired? What settings did you put in betaflight on receiver type? Did you select serial receiver on the right UART on the ports tab?
turn the vtx off (race mode setting or put it to 25mhz to keep it cooler om the bench)

Reactions: NeoCloneOne

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion