Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Wizard vtx.

Davey

Reaction score
The paper that came with it says with 4s battery the vtx will burn out. It says to switch it's power lead to another terminal. Are there any drawings of this.

Use a multi meter while battery is plugged in ( props off first) and find a 12v output on your power distrobution board

There is a free 12v pad on the PDB which is labeled on the board

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I googled the pdb. I see the 12 v pad. I guess I'll switch + and - wires to be safe. Why wouldn't it be that way already. Grayson hobby puts a paper in the box with some info China doesn't. Are people burning out vtx. Thanks for the info

Grayson does it so they are not responsible if it goes. In there vid they state it is not rated for 4s and may blow the vtx. Many people fly 4s without changing anything. It is up to you if you want to take the risk or change the wiring. Quantum is right about the props. The ones included break super easy. My buddy got his Wizard and went through all of the props it came with in a weekend. He then got some Dal Cyclones, has not broke one yet. My buddy also flew 4s on his stock Wizard. He did not have a problem. I am not advocating either way, just letting you know.

Thanks that is what I was looking for. I'm going to fly 3s until I get goggles. Then I'll switch the wire. Fpv on 3 s it flys good. I'm building a 210 racer to learn the tricks so I don't ruin the wizard. It is awesome the way it is.

Watch Grayson hobby video on face book of the wizard with 3s battery using a radar gun. 68mph. I can't fly that good anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax