Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Wiring tiny fish and unify nano?

baevans11

Reaction score
I cant firgure out how to wire my tbs unify nano vtx to my tbs tiny camera and then to my tiny fish stack. I will attach pics of everything if someone could help I'd appreciate it. There are abbreviations I'm not familiar with.20181011_123211.jpg20181011_123220.jpgplacement_back.pngplacement_front.png

Hey buddy, I don't know them all, but I know some of them...

1539358779092.png

On the cam...
Left side in pic is input side, Gnd/Bat go to battery and gnd and are for showing Voltage reading in your video feed so you can see when to land, SA is likely TBS Smart Audio, not sure if it is usable in this situation or not but maybe.
Right side of pic, Gnd/5V get wired to vTX OutV/Gnd, CP is video out and gets wired to vTX "V"

1539359209873.png

On the vTX...
OutV and the G (Gnd) next to it go to the cam as stated above, the 5V and G next to it go to +5 Volts but I don't see any spot on the FC that gives you 5 volts so... not sure where to get that from. It would help to know more about the build to know where the FC is getting its 5 volts on the +/- IN pads.

The S (vTX side) and SA (cam side) would likely both go to the UART3 TX pad on the tiny pepper so you could use BF scripts to change power and channel/band IF you have telemetry with your receiver, but I am not sure how that would work given these parts, I think you would need another UART available as I don't think you can use UART3 RX in this scenario for your telemetry input from your RX.

You may be able to get 5v and 5vGnd from the Buzzer +/- on the tiny pepper, buzzers are usually 5 volts.

You may be able to get 5v and 5vGnd from the Buzzer +/- on the tiny pepper, buzzers are usually 5 volts.
Ok thanks very much! I'm gonna give it another shot this weekend. It's funny it seems like the smaller the quad the more difficult they are to build lol. I've never had as much trouble building my mini quads as I have with all my micros. I'll post back how it goes.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Ok thanks very much! I'm gonna give it another shot this weekend. It's funny it seems like the smaller the quad the more difficult they are to build lol. I've never had as much trouble building my mini quads as I have with all my micros. I'll post back how it goes.

Yup, miniaturization is expensive and difficult to work with, consider the desktop PC vs the laptop PC, same basic principles apply here, and think of it as going on vacation with the family, you can go in the Chevy Suburban or take the Cooper Mini, which is harder to pack everything needed into... the smaller one.

Yup, miniaturization is expensive and difficult to work with, consider the desktop PC vs the laptop PC, same basic principles apply here, and think of it as going on vacation with the family, you can go in the Chevy Suburban or take the Cooper Mini, which is harder to pack everything needed into... the smaller one.
Hey again! So I found some info from TBS on how to wire up the vtx and camera and I found some diagrams on the esc motor order. I have the tiny fish stack all wired up but only motor 2 spins and it is sporadic. I went into config and tried dshot 300 & 600. I also went into blheli to flash the escs and it says 1 & 4 are unknown or have been erased. I was able to flash the other 2 escs with no trouble but when I try to manually pick the same target that worked for those escs to flash the unknown ones it says flash writing block failed. When I go into the motors tab none of the motors spin except 2 and like I said it just randomly twitches. I'd appreciate any help. I checked all of the solder points on the esc and they are fine.

Attachments

• 20181024_181343.jpg
    20181024_181343.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
  • 20181024_181216.jpg
    20181024_181216.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 1
Sounds like the ESC might be faulty or damaged, not sure what can be done from here, looks like you did everything correctly to me. I would contact the supplier and the manufacturer for support and/or replacement, they will try to push you off but often if you are unhappy and persistent you can get some new parts. Everytime I repair, or put something together from scratch, I often will run into something, seems to be getting worse as things advance. Maybe someone else will have an idea of what else you could try.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax