Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Wich googles is wroth buying for me?

Sith Trooper

Reaction score
I'm a beginner and I want to buy FPV goggles. Should I buy FatSharks or Skyzones or something?
Can someone help me??

I thought we already discussed this in the thread

What a drone is worth buying for me

Buy either EV800D or go all the way for HDO2 or FPV.One, or get DJI instead, or anywhere in between, your money, your call.

Last edited:
I wanted to also give you a few things to think about while deciding...

Be very aware that "goggle" style, as opposed to "box" style have a few differences, one is many people have trouble because the shape of each of the goggle type from the manufacturers is different, so some fit skinny heads better, and some fit larger/rounder heads better

It is also important to have an idea of your pupillary distance (whether your eyes are close together or far apart) since that can make a big difference on which brands you can see clearly out of.

With a box style, you have one screen and a lens so you can focus on it, with goggle style it is binocular view (exactly like looking through binoculars) and can be a problem for some people to relax their focus to see the 2 screens properly. Also if you wear glasses, since you can't fit glasses under the goggle style, but in most box style you can.

If you give us a max budget number, and think about these questions, I think we can all let you know which ones might work best for you.

Do you have perfect vision, or do you wear glasses or contacts?
Are your eyes either very close together or very far apart?
is your head big or small (width mostly)?
Have you ever looked through a set of binoculars? Can your eyes relax and look at the 2 different screens in the distance with fatiguing your eyes (some people can't do this easily)

The best way to know, is to have a place to try them on, and the only real place that usually exists is to find some FPV pilots in your area, and go have a look for yourself. Baring that, you may have to do like some of us have done, get what you think is right for you, and if you don't like them, try to sell them and get something else, but if you give us an idea of what we are working with we will give advice.

I am assuming you saw the other thread you started where we are talking about this?
I need to know where you are in the world so I know where you can buy from.
If you are here in the US, I think the best way to go is to get a pair of HDO's from Cyclone FPV ($399) and add either a Foxeer Wildfire RX ($90) or a TBS Fusion RX (about $120). You can look around to see who may have stock but things like the HDO's and TBS Fusion are very hard to find in stock anywhere.

It is hard for me to compare the prices, and some of these look very overpriced it seems compared to here in the US.
Here is what I think you should consider...
The Skyzone SKY03O are very nice and have very good features, the only downside is being limited to the built in receiver, it is good, but not great.
HDO's should be about $400 US since the HDO2's are selling for $500 US, that is what I see here in the states, but it seems they want the same amount for both on the one website.
Some people have trouble with the HDO2 since the focus adjustment which accounts for bad vision can cause the optics to be very close to the eye and their eyelashes rub up against the lens, sometimes a thicker face plate foam can eliminate that issue, and some don't care if their eyelashes touch.
A lot of people who don't like they eyelashes touching have chosen to go with HDO's and use the diopters we have been using for years (since HDO2 has no ability to use them, that is what the focus adjustment is for).
You will also want a good set of antennas for your goggles, none of them come with good ones, if they come with any at all. Depending on what you buy you will want 2 good Omnidirectional and 1 directional (patch) antenna, and they are not cheap either, figure about $20 US a piece for each. The best Omni you can get if you can find them are the VAS Ion Pro, or if you can afford it the VAS SkyHammer. With patch antennas there are many good ones.
There are other brands of antenna that are also very good, on a quad you need durability, but on the goggles they do not need to be durable since you wont be crashing your goggles into the ground.
It will also depend on what kind of antenna is on your quad, you will want to go with RHCP (Right Hand Circular Polarized) or LHCP (Left Hand Circular Polarized) but I would pick RHCP since they are more widely available.
Either of the polarized antennas will work fine with NON circular like Dipole antennas on the quad which is what most of the small ones come with.

Let me know what you are thinking for Goggles, a Receiver if they don't have a built in one, and what antennas, and I will give advice.

Other good names to look for in antennas is Lumenier AXii 2, TrueRC, Menace, or ImmersionRC.

@Sith Trooper, I got an email saying you posted here asking about HobbyKing and the FS Attitude V5 bundle. That would be a great choice for price and performance, plus it comes with a good set of antennas. HobbyKing is fine to order from, it may take a bit to get your stuff but certainly not worse than Banggood so I see them as a reasonable vendor.

@Sith Trooper, I got an email saying you posted here asking about HobbyKing and the FS Attitude V5 bundle. That would be a great choice for price and performance, plus it comes with a good set of antennas. HobbyKing is fine to order from, it may take a bit to get your stuff but certainly not worse than Banggood so I see them as a reasonable vendor.
But I don't know if HobbyKing ships to Slovenia.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax