Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

why the heck are the Fatshark Dominator HD2's more than the HD3's??

Serius

Reaction score
Hmmmm?????

I want the HD2's but they are as much if not more than the HD3's

People seem to want the 50 degree field of view.

LOL, that's what I want plus the HD3 im seeing horrible reviews with blurred edges.. for that price I want clear optics.

They seem to be hard to find too

Seriously though.....just watched some reviews of those Goggles two and it would seem they are actually HD1080p while FPV flight. How is that poss? when Fat sharks are 800x600, WTF. doesn't make any sense. Looks like I'm getting Goggles two. LOL

There are some 1200tvl cameras out there. I don't know, I am using a 600tvl right now but it looks nice. I may get a higher res one soon for my 5" drone.

The guy that I watched review them was super impressed with how clear the video feed was so It must be HD. He didn't mention what TVL camera he was using but he was just using a small drone like a 100mm or so. I heard the latency gets worse the higher the TVL you go.

Jerry

Better how? for me I want is a clear feed into my eyeballs and Im not seeing that with all the videos Ive watched on fatsharks. My FR008's really suck and my EV800's are better but in my opinion still suck. The EV800 are same resolution as Fatshark HD but FS's have way smaller FOV... so in your opinion, what makes the FS's so much better?

Last edited:
Serius,

None of these are true HD. You're watching an anolog signal. We've gotten a bit spoiled with HD on our TV's and computers. I went with the Dominator because that's what most of the pros were using. I didn't want to go through 5-6 different pairs if goggles. Understanding the limitations of analog and the 5.8ghz band, I feel I made a good decision. All in all, about the only thing I haven't had to screw with in this hobby is my Dominators! YMMV !

Jerry

Serius,

I should also note that I'm pretty new to all of this stuff too. I really don't have any idea about much of anything. I just provide personal opinions, I don't have any professional experience. I'm retired now and I just want to have some fun before I head out on my next journey!

Jerry

Reactions: Serius
I'm in the same boat buddy.....I just cant justify $500 at this moment in time. If the FS's were HD....I would get it ALL DAY LONG!!!!!! I just thought you had some additional info

Reactions: Jtrjr
Just to add to all this.. I have both the dominator v3 and ev800. I got the dominators to start and picked up the ev800 when they were on sale at Banggood for 59 bucks so my son could use them to try and fly or for ride alongs. I am so glad I didn't get the ev800s for my primary goggle. If you have reading vision issues at all you might want to check before getting a box goggle. I can't see crap in the ev800, but dominators are clear as a bell. If you hold your phone about 3-5 inches from your face can you see it clear? If not box goggles might not work for you.

JLG, have you looked into replacing the Fresnel lens in a box goggle? The EV800 probably isn't worth all the work, but Goggles Two would be. I have EV800 and Goggles Two. The Twos are super comfortable and clear with giant FOV, so might be worth the effort.

Serius,

None of these are true HD. You're watching an anolog signal. We've gotten a bit spoiled with HD on our TV's and computers. I went with the Dominator because that's what most of the pros were using. I didn't want to go through 5-6 different pairs if goggles. Understanding the limitations of analog and the 5.8ghz band, I feel I made a good decision. All in all, about the only thing I haven't had to screw with in this hobby is my Dominators! YMMV !

Jerry

Imma have to disagree there Jerry. D stands for Definition, not Digital. With the right camera and VTX the resolution can exceed that of a 720p digital HD television. It will have some analog noise but the information is there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax