Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Which battery??

Squiggle

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering what everybody is using & what your experiences are? I’ve been looking at Turnigy or Infinity. The only thing I know is that I want graphene.

I have 4 of those, they're kind of pricey, but I like how they keep their 'punch up' power right at full charge and how they are consistent through charge cycles. I just picked up these cheaper Gaoneng 1500mah 4s 80c/160c ones. Gonna see how they compare to the Tattu R-line ones. Don't think they are graphene though. Only ones I know are graphene are the Ahtec Infinity ones, but I haven't tried those.

Thanks for all your info guys, I’m going to try a Turnigy graphene & I’ll be looking at the Lumenier. I have 5 of the Infinity graphene with the black label(90c) & 1 with the silver label(70c) & so far three of the black labels have dropped a cell & one of them shorted a cell while charging(another reason not to leave batteries unattended while charging, thankfully I had an explosion bag! Saved the shed, although it still smells like burnt plastic). The silver label is doing well so far. I want to see if the red label(110c) version is any better, but if they are the same as the rest I might give them a miss.

I’ve also been looking at the Turnigy Bolt LiHv batteries, has anyone had any experience with LiHv, are they worth the few extra bucks?

Last edited:
I haven't tried LiHv batteries yet. But I will say I have mixed feelings about the Tattu 4s 1550mah R-line 90c ones. I bought 4 so far and they do seem to have a great pinch at full charge but the wire leads going to the XT60 connector seems a bit fragile. They go for about $39 each on Banggood. So one of em, I charged fully and used once, and one cell totally died but I could still use it as a 3s. Another had a power lead disconnect on a minor crash. The other 2 still function, but it seems with minor crashing, these batteries can't seem to take it very well. I'm going to put sections of bicycle tubing around them like some recommend (but adds weight to quad). I do like the GAONENG GNB 1500mAh 4S 14.8V 80C/160C ones. Run about $25 from Banggood. They don't have as much punch as the Tattu's at full charge, but they seem more rugged to take crashes better. Just my opinion.
Is there a reason you like the graphene ones?

The graphene technology seems to be thinner & able to hold more punch(from what I’ve read). I believe the carbon sheets are able to allow a faster transfer of electrons, which equals more punch(I might be explaining it wrong but someone will correct me if I am. :) )

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Reactions: Wayno52
I wait until I see a great sale on a battery I like and then get a bunch, I have a number of different ones now and I honestly think they are more similar than different, flight times are no different and resting discharge voltage levels are about the same, the HV's definitely have extra punch and I fly them another 30-60 seconds longer. Some are heavier and much bigger for the same mah rating (like CNHL) and some are much smaller and a good bit lighter (Turnigy, Thunder Power, Tattu). I am still waiting to see if the dreaded HV puff after 30-50 charge cycles happens to the ones I have. Bottom line for me is when I see a good battery for less than $20 I think about it. But with 35 currently I won't be buying more until most of these start to fail and get retired.

Yeah I’m looking at the Turnigy Bolts as well, just have to upgrade my charger to a LiHv version. Although, I can still charge them with a normal Lipo charger until I get one, just won’t be able to take advantage of the Hv part till I do.

I usually buy five at a time too, & out of the five Infinity batteries with the black label I bought, only one of them has not either dropped a cell or shorted while charging. I do have one of the white labelled Infinity batteries & that one is still doing well.

So my order for the graphene batteries and LiHV battery were returned back to Banggood and they refunded my money. This never happened to LiPo batteries I ordered from them before. Are those batteries considered more hazardous than LiPo's that customs will reject their shipment? Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just us in Hawaii?

I have had a multiple battery order split into packs of two batteries & shipped by road here in AUS for the “hazardous material” reason, how many did you order? Also, my batteries that were bought from BG were drop shipped from a warehouse here in AUS, even when I ordered only one.

I have had a multiple battery order split into packs of two batteries & shipped by road here in AUS for the “hazardous material” reason, how many did you order? Also, my batteries that were bought from BG were drop shipped from a warehouse here in AUS, even when I ordered only one.
I ordered 4 of the graphene ones and one of the LiHV ones. I then got an email that the order was returned to them asking if I wanted a refund or not. I replied for them to try and redeliver it, then they sent me an email a couple days later saying that they will be refunding my purchase. So then I just ordered 4 more of the Gaoneng GNB 1500mah 4s ones that I got from them before. A shame, I wanted to try both those other type batteries. Plus they were actually cheaper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput