Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Which battery? X220s/ A lot of choice!

crunch81

Reaction score
Good day people,

I have ordered a ARF X220s.
I want to order a battery for it, a 3s and a 4 s.
If I look at the stock battery it says 11.1v 1500 mah 3s with XT60 plug.

Now my question:
I see a good reviewed battery But it has a T- plug on it and one single battery can handle voltages between 7.4 and 22.4 v and can be ordered in different Mah’s.

Is it just as simple as what I think?
Order a t-plug to XT60 and the x220s and the battery are dealing with the rest?

Or am I missing something?

And if so, were do I have to look for?

Thanks!!

there is 1550 3s with XT60 Plug on ampow, you could choose different C ratings from tattu and ovonic brand. if you are for practice, I suggest ovonic, it cost a less. check FPV lipo batteries

Thanks for your quick reply, but I still do not understand.

Could I get a battery which handles different voltages and mah and the quad will sort the rest? Or to I need a specific battery which can give only 11.1volts?

there is 1550 3s with XT60 Plug on ampow, you could choose different C ratings from tattu and ovonic brand. if you are for practice, I suggest ovonic, it cost a less. check FPV lipo batteries

@rcxlfjhe excuse me, C ratings are Mah, didn’t know that. Looked it up.

Note: btw, C is not mah, not quite understand it.

Last edited:
@rcxlfjhe excuse me, C ratings are Mah, didn’t know that. Looked it up.

Note: btw, C is not mah, not quite understand it.
Not sure if this helps but each category of battery voltage I.e. 1S, 2S, 3S etc represents increments of 3.7V per S (or cell voltage). mah represents the capacity of the battery (1500 mah is the same as 1.5 A per hour) and the C rating is the temperature rating of the battery under pretty much maximum discharge rate. The higher the C rating the more resilient the battery will be under heavy loads. As for the x220s if it’s the same set up as my x220 (standard), pretty sure the maximum battery size without blowing up esc’s etc is 4S. I’m only a beginner and someone will certainly correct me but that’s how I see it.

Thanks very much guys, this made it clear.

If I stick with a 1300-1500 mah between 75 C to 120C I’m ok.

Nice link also btw, very cheap!

Reactions: Wayno52
Thanks very much guys, this made it clear.

If I stick with a 1300-1500 mah between 75 C to 120C I’m ok.

Nice link also btw, very cheap!
Yes, that's pretty well the standard for this size quad. The 1500 will get you an extra minute or so of flight time without noticing the extra weight much at all, great for freestyle. Go with the 1300 if you plan on racing.

I like the Tattu series 1550 4S 100C. They are rock steady and have served me well for the past year.

Reactions: crunch81

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax