Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Whats going on with motors

RCKable

Reaction score
First, when I arm my quad the motors spin and dont stop spinning unless I unarm or hit my failsafe button, what am I missing or haven't set right in Betaflight or on my Turnigy Evolution?
If I goto my motor tab in Betaflight I can move the master tab and they are all moving dead even with each other. But when I arm quad with my controller the motors start spinning, and I notice motors 1 and 3 (1090) are moving faster then 2 and 4(1070). If I give the quad pitch, yaw, roll once I let it go they go back to the unbalanced rpm. If I give it throttle and let off it, all the motors are going all over the place, but I'm not touching any of the sticks. I eventually flip my failsafe switch to cut the motors off.
I"ve flashed the esc's, I saw a video about calibrating motors so I did that, and nothing is helping. Any suggestions?

So , yeah I guess I shouldve taken a break and then spent a few more minutes. It seems that ramp up happens when angle mode is set with no props.

Unless you change it in betaflight, your motors are supposed to spin when armed. This is so that you still have control at zero throttle
Also, your motors will act erratically with props off

Reactions: Jtrjr
RC,

The erratic RPM's on the bench are not abnormal. The bird is just trying to center itself. You can't really test that on the bench, AFAIK. Two things that I do on my birds in BetaFlight is to enable "Motor Stop" and make sure "Air Mode Always On" is disabled on the configuration page. I put "Air Mode" on a physical switch. By doing so, I can leave air mode off (no prop spin) when I take off, flip it on with the switch while I'm flying and then flip it off when I land. Makes taking off, landing and crashes a lot easier for me. If I crash, the first thing I do is flip air mode off or flip to failsafe.

Jerry

Reactions: Wayno52
Sorry guys, Have been sick. Thanks for the replies, and confirming what a person told me it was, he did say without being able to see it he wasn't 100% sure.
Lesson learned.

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya