Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Whats everyone using for flight controllers

Carlos

Reaction score
Im using the Naz32 rev6 and its pissing me off. Im having issues with telemetry. I think that i have everything wired correctly considering that i could see my Lipo battery voltage on cleanflight when connected. I think it could be my D4R-II. Was looking into getting another set-up but not sure what to use. Was curious on whay everyone is using. FYI, i searched everywhere for wiring and setting up my taranis and still nothing. Best info i have found was on Project Blue Falcon playlist on youtube.

What telemetry are you trying to get going, RSSI? On my transmitter, you have to set the low signal level manually in the radio menus before it will show the percentage.

Really, and OSD is way more useful for FPV than any telemetry other than RSSI. Are you running an OSD in your goggles?

What telemetry are you trying to get going, RSSI? On my transmitter, you have to set the low signal level manually in the radio menus before it will show the percentage.

Really, and OSD is way more useful for FPV than any telemetry other than RSSI. Are you running an OSD in your goggles?
The RSSI is operating correctly. I was trying to get my battery voltage for my lipo battery to show so that i didnt have to use the buzzer.

Oh, I am using an SP Racing F3 clone. But I don't use any telemetry. My $140 radio has 1.5km range which I will never exceed.
I was going to try and get a new flight controller but for some reason i think its my D4R-II. I going to try a different reciever with the Frsky 3/16CH X Series Dual-way Receiver X4RSB w/Smart Port SBUS. Was your flight controller easy to setup thru cleanflight or which ever program you used?

I use Betaflight, and once you get used to it it is easy but takes a bit of practice. My FC is basically identical to yours, I'm pretty sure it is based on Naze.

You Probably should look at adding an OSD like MinimOSD if you don't have an OSD yet. It is like telemetry, but shows up on the goggles instead of your radio screen.

I use Betaflight, and once you get used to it it is easy but takes a bit of practice. My FC is basically identical to yours, I'm pretty sure it is based on Naze.

You Probably should look at adding an OSD like MinimOSD if you don't have an OSD yet. It is like telemetry, but shows up on the goggles instead of your radio screen.
I will do that. Only reason why i havnt yet got an OSD is because i dont have goggles yet. I am new to all this so im just trying to get used to flying the drone first and go from there. I took it out the other day which went ok considering im new to it. I crashed it once and lost the buzzer due to the crash and couldnt find the buzzer for a bit. After 15 mins of searching, i found the buzzer and continued flying. This is why ive been trying to make telemetry work so that i can just get rid of the buzzer.

Oh, I gotcha. Did you connect the v.sense pins on the FC to the battery or v.batt pads on the PDB?
I connected wires from main voltage source on power distribution to Vbatt on naz32 where it says vbatt monitoring. The weird thing is that when i have my drone connected to cleanflight, all the values are present. It reads out the lipo voltage on the top of the page which leads me to believe that its connected properly. I also have other sensors like baro and another sensor which i cant remember from the top of my head right now. It has to be my reciever. Its not sending that same info to my taranis. I connected the green wire on my side port of my d4rii to uart 2tx and have went to cli to change my telemetry inversion to on. I have also selected uart2 to frsky on configuration on cleanflight. I ordered another reciever to see if that will fix the issue. I also ordered another style reciever to use the sbus. Lets see what happens

UPDATE: issue is fixed, it was the reciever. Installed a new reciever and telemetry is working. Anywho, if you guys have any suggestions on a good flight controller with good goggles let me know. Hopefully that will be my next purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax