Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What's best for learning fpv. Fatshark 101, Wizard x220 or TinyWhoop

Best starter drone for learning fpv under $150.00?

• Tinywhoop

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Eachine Wizard x220

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fatshark 101

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

PAPPA55

Reaction score
Okay I have built a nice drone Qav-x frame etc. And I am building another drone. Have been flying as much as I can or afford (good batteries aren't cheap). But I was thinking of getting a cheaper drone that I can use my fatshark goggles and Taranis radio to help me learn faster. The Tiny Whoop, fatshark 101 and the Wizard x220 are three that have been recommended. My learning progress is going well. Thought one of there would help. Lmk Thanks Dean.

I vote against tiny whoop as the flight characteristics are very different if your goal is to better your acro skills

Wizards are a good bit of kit, the x220s in particular just needs a new different set of props than the stock ones and it's good to go. The best thing I'd say to do is build your own practice quad, the Wizard frame can be a little fragile

Hi Dean, IMO this just isn’t a hobby that you just pick up straight away.
It takes many flights, many crashes and many curse words to even begin to pilot well. For me it doesn’t really matter what bird you have, you just have to be patient. It will happen.
Wayne

Reactions: Futuramille
You can't vote against tiny whoop!

I fly my brushless whoop exclusively in acro. It really helped me develop my skills by flying around the narrow hallways of my house at high speed.

It won't help you learn acrobatics but certainly can help you learn to fly in acro mode.

I purchased my medium whoop (inductrix fpv plus) a few weeks ago and fell in love with fpv. I would almost say borderline obsessed. I found it very odd going from years of self level and only mild Acro line of sight flying to fpv. Started off very slow and steady in level mode and would struggle even at doorways in the house. As I started to get better at the immersion of fpv I started getting more brave and would attempt acro here and there. However acro LOS is far different and my abilities we're still limited to hold on and pray it didn't do anything quickly.

I since then purchased the spektrum USB dongle to pair with my dx6 and bought liftoff to start practicing. I started off helpless in the simulator and struggled even through the tutorials honestly. I've only clocked around 6-8 hours in simulator, by comfort with flying is exponentially better. I'm not ready for a full course of gates, as I'm not as precise as I need to be, but I can definitely fly the bird rather than holding on and praying. I'm still learning and will be for many many many hours to come, but with that being said a simulator can do wonders for your piloting skills. And it will roughly translate about 90% into the real world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax