Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

what do i do!!??

Hey I just checked some online images, it looks like the GTB 229 runs normal direction props as in the not so easy to see photo. Basically the thicker and higher part of the props spins in towards the centre of the quad (i.e. camera on one end and the antenna at the other end of the quad). Sorry for the confusion, plugging it into Betaflight will tell you if the motors are reversed anyway.
1590127781849.png

There are 2 big things about props out, as stated by @tevek, they tend to push things away from the quad instead of pulling them into them, but the biggest one for me is my camera lens stays cleaner. If you want to run reversed there are 3 steps... 1 tell BF with the slider that props are reversed, 2 go into BLHeli and change the direction of each motor, 3 put the props on properly.

sorry, guys, I think I stuffed something up, first of all, it flips out and I have done something wrong with the drone and the other thing is I think broke the USB connecter on the FC it won't connect. not even lights even show up on the VTX
what should I do take it to an fpv shop to see if they can fix it or buy a new FC butt I can't solder that that would be impossible.

Unfortunately, this is all a big part of this hobby, we fly and we crash so we break things. Did you do something to the Betaflight in the quad? It should NOT have flipped out on you straight out of the box with minimal config done to it. Not sure how to advise since about 70% of this hobby is learning, troubleshooting, and fixing, and 30% is learning flying. You really can't break the USB connector unless it has come off the board, but here is where experience comes into play. This also is not enough info to really say what has happened.

sorry, guys, I think I stuffed something up, first of all, it flips out and I have done something wrong with the drone and the other thing is I think broke the USB connecter on the FC it won't connect. not even lights even show up on the VTX
what should I do take it to an fpv shop to see if they can fix it or buy a new FC butt I can't solder that that would be impossible.
Hmmm, I think it would be very unlikely you broke the connector on the FC as I have one and you would have to be fairly tough on it to even get close. Have you powered the quad up with just the battery to make sure it all powers up and you have lights etc on your FC? Sometimes you have to fairly firm with pushing the cable into the FC port and maybe wriggle it ever so gently to seat it. Another thing would be to try out another usb cable (has to be a data cable and not a phone charging type of cable).
As for the quad flipping out, (last time you posted it was flying but drifting slightly, not flipping..) have you definitely got the props on the right way, as that will flip the drone pretty much straight away. Without seeing your Betaflight settings and which modes you have set up, it is pretty difficult to tell what's going on. You have it bound so the rest of this will be about setting up the flight characteristics.

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Unfortunately, this is all a big part of this hobby, we fly and we crash so we break things. Did you do something to the Betaflight in the quad? It should NOT have flipped out on you straight out of the box with minimal config done to it. Not sure how to advise since about 70% of this hobby is learning, troubleshooting, and fixing, and 30% is learning flying. You really can't break the USB connector unless it has come off the board, but here is where experience comes into play. This also is not enough info to really say what has happened.
I think it got too hot and I just kept connecting and disconnecting trying to work out the problem and then it won't connect any more not even light up the drone when it plugged in should i get someone to fix it or? or do i just need to re solder it on and fix it somehow? @tevek @HighTechPauper

I think it got too hot and I just kept connecting and disconnecting trying to work out the problem and then it won't connect any more not even light up the drone when it plugged in should i get someone to fix it or? or do i just need to re solder it on and fix it somehow? @tevek @HighTechPauper
They do get hot just sitting there, I use a small fan sometimes particularly when I've unlocked the vtx and i'm running 200mW. Anyway, does the quad power up with just the battery and not connected to anything else? That will narrow down the issue a bit. You shouldn't need to pull out the soldering iron.

yes work I can arm the drone even and the motors spin just no connection with USB port I don't know what to do i think something got wiggled around on the USB port and now it won't work. what can i do if i don't need to solder get someone to look at it ?
@tevek @HighTechPauper

yes work I can arm the drone even and the motors spin just no connection with USB port I don't know what to do i think something got wiggled around on the USB port and now it won't work. what can i do if i don't need to solder get someone to look at it ?
@tevek @HighTechPauper
Ok, that's the most important part, you haven't cooked the FC or anything else. As for the FC port not working with Betaflight, do you have another spare cable that you can use? As I mentioned earlier, you probably haven't broken the FC port (although can you see any visible damage around where the port sits on the FC, is it loose?), it may be the cable you are using not being up to the job. I've certainly had cable failures in the past where nothing connects and now have quality cables that I hide from the wife.

Ok, that's the most important part, you haven't cooked the FC or anything else. As for the FC port not working with Betaflight, do you have another spare cable that you can use? As I mentioned earlier, you probably haven't broken the FC port (although can you see any visible damage around where the port sits on the FC, is it loose?), it may be the cable you are using not being up to the job. I've certainly had cable failures in the past where nothing connects and now have quality cables that I hide from the wife.
i don't know all the cables i have worked and i had like 4 and they all powered the FC but now it doe not ill take some photos if there and damage butt it's not loose.

Attachments

• IMG_0182.JPG
    IMG_0182.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    972.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    994.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    980.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    892 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    979 KB · Views: 3
when I plug in the batt it powers it

Attachments

• IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    979 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    995.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    934.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    871.6 KB · Views: 3
i don't know all the cables i have worked and i had like 4 and they all powered the FC but now it doe not ill take some photos if there and damage butt it's not loose.
It may be my aging eyes, but in one of those photos with the cable plugged in, it does not look like it is seated in properly (definitely the right way up?). I would remove that cable, check the plug for any distortion and press it back into the quad. Be sure the canopy is not preventing the moulded part of the cable plug from entering the FC port. It doesn't look right. Don't force it and maybe gently move it from side to side whilst pushing it in. Again, if the battery is powering it up it is going to be something simple.
One other thing, have you tried to connect a battery to the quad, plug the usb cable in and see if it connects to Betaflight?

It may be my aging eyes, but in one of those photos with the cable plugged in, it does not look like it is seated in properly (definitely the right way up?). I would remove that cable, check the plug for any distortion, and press it back into the quad. Be sure the canopy is not preventing the molded part of the cable plug from entering the FC port. It doesn't look right. Don't force it and maybe gently move it from side to side whilst pushing it in. Again, if the battery is powering it up it is going to be something simple.
One other thing, have you tried to connect a battery to the quad, plug the USB cable in and see if it connects to Betaflight?
yes, I tried that it does not work also I tried wiggling it still no connection I have taken the canopy off to see if that would change yet nothing has happened I don't know man I just won't connect any light or anything. sorry i took a while to respond i had to go out

yes, I tried that it does not work also I tried wiggling it still no connection I have taken the canopy off to see if that would change yet nothing has happened I don't know man I just won't connect any light or anything. sorry i took a while to respond i had to go out
Well that's just weird. Bit of a challenge doing this over the forum, did you try plugging a battery in whilst connecting your usb lead to betaflight? I cannot remember whether I did that with my GTB but I know with some of my quads, it needs a battery also to fire up betaflight when plugging in the usb/FC cable.

yes I did try that I did that with the drone when it worked now it does not work I don't know is there anyway way I can resolder it?

yes I did try that I did that with the drone when it worked now it does not work I don't know is there anyway way I can resolder it?
or will it be impossible or will i have to scrap the drone and buy and new one ):

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232