Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

what do i do!!??

or will it be impossible or will i have to scrap the drone and buy and new one ):
Ok, have you downloaded Impulse RC driver fixer? You would have had to download Zadig when you first set up Betaflight. Attached is yet another video that mentions Impulse RC (I have it on mine and it works) to fix comms port issues etc. It is another download that fixes any issues with drivers and not being able to connect your quad to your computer.
Not sure why yours is suddenly playing up when it worked previously and no you don't need to scrap the drone. As I mentioned earlier, it will be something simple. I doubt you have wrecked the port on your FC.

A couple of thoughts...
No matter the USB cable, as long as it is not completely broken, if plugged in properly will always provide power and the FC should light, even if it isn't a full data cable that will also talk to the FC.
Maybe you are better off sending this to Tevek to have a look at it? I think you're both in AUS?

A couple of thoughts...
No matter the USB cable, as long as it is not completely broken, if plugged in properly will always provide power and the FC should light, even if it isn't a full data cable that will also talk to the FC.
Maybe you are better off sending this to Tevek to have a look at it? I think you're both in AUS?
Might be an idea..

Ok, have you downloaded Impulse RC driver fixer? You would have had to download Zadig when you first set up Betaflight. Attached is yet another video that mentions Impulse RC (I have it on mine and it works) to fix comms port issues etc. It is another download that fixes any issues with drivers and not being able to connect your quad to your computer.
Not sure why yours is suddenly playing up when it worked previously and no you don't need to scrap the drone. As I mentioned earlier, it will be something simple. I doubt you have wrecked the port on your FC.
yes I have it wont chnage anything

I just am beginning to think that is his only hope Tom, we've done 100's of hours of research, configuring, and troubleshooting, so we have a better chance of fixing it without A) Breaking it further, and B) if something major is wrong, at least you have the soldering experience to pull it off and test it out for functionality. When the guys are real new like this it is hard to help sometimes without pulling your own hair out, and I was hoping you were near each other, or at least cheap shipping to and from. @Helpme123 had mentioned using Discord to try and have a look, but I am not sure how to do a video chat with Discord (or if you even can), and since he can't seem to get on Facebook so we can use Messenger, I can't figure out how to get a look and have him follow my troubleshooting like you guys all have. I know once I can see, and force the troubleshooting path, and get to the PC to configure and help direct testing, that I can usually get people through it, so I was hoping you would help step in here. Thanks for all you're doing @tevek!!!

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Might be an idea..
I'm not sure about it tho I don't really know you guys and how do I know you won't keep it not saying you would but I would need to talk to you on the phone. it just you can never trust anyone I'm taking it to a hobby shop today to get it looked at ill see what they say.

hello i thought while i was getting stuff from grant i hsould put in an antenna whitch one is better than the stock one

@tevek @HighTechPauper

Reactions: HighTechPauper
hello i thought while i was getting stuff from grant i hsould put in an antenna whitch one is better than the stock one

@tevek @HighTechPauper
Hi again, this is the one I use on my other small quads. I've actually got one coming this week for my GTB 339, the standard dipole is ok but because it sits down at the rear of the quad when coming back towards you (from 100mtrs plus) you get quite a bit of breakup. The Axii micro antenna sits up above the quad canopy and is much better suited for the job. Not sure where you are but if you can get your hands on some liquid electrical tape (black goop), put a dab of it on the ufl connector and the mounting base to help keep it in place. Buy it in the tube, lasts a lot longer than buying it by the tin.

Given those choices I would go for the FuriousFPV one, stay away from anything on the quad that is not protected since it will take a beating. Pagoda antennas are very good and very cheap, but even a VERY small movement in one of the disks will be very bad for reception, that is why I would stay away from the unprotected cloverleaf in the last link, and the minimally protected Pagoda in the first link. I also think you should consider getting something more durable like the AXII or the Triumph Pro, even though they are more expensive they will last a lot longer than the others so you save in the long run plus the best video of all the U.fl antennas that Grant has. You also need to consider what is on your goggles, RHCP, LHCP, or Dipole before you pull the trigger.

Given those choices I would go for the FuriousFPV one, stay away from anything on the quad that is not protected since it will take a beating. Pagoda antennas are very good and very cheap, but even a VERY small movement in one of the disks will be very bad for reception, that is why I would stay away from the unprotected cloverleaf in the last link, and the minimally protected Pagoda in the first link. I also think you should consider getting something more durable like the AXII or the Triumph Pro, even though they are more expensive they will last a lot longer than the others so you save in the long run plus the best video of all the U.fl antennas that Grant has. You also need to consider what is on your goggles, RHCP, LHCP, or Dipole before you pull the trigger.
Valid point, take note @Helpme123

So I need to get some other antenna for my googles . The bigger antenna can you send me a link of the thing so need to get

And how do I check
What sort of goggles do you have? You need to match your quad and goggle antennas the same, either RHCP (Right Hand Circular Polarised) or LHCP (Left Hand Circular Polarised). they also have different threads both on your quad and goggles, either rp-sma or sma. Most racing quads usually run RHCP (if you look at an open antenna like the clover antenna you posted earlier, you can see when looking down from the top, that the clover shaped segments turn to the right and visa versa for LHCP). Send a photo of whatever antenna you have on your goggles, looking from the bottom and we can tell you what thread it is. You need to get an antenna with the same thread (rp-sma or sma) to match your goggles. With the quad you have a uFl connection onto the vtx and you only need to get an antenna with a uFl connection and in this case, a RHCP top.

Here

Attachments

• 2BA39AC6-F162-412E-A298-50C52B7A79F8.jpeg
    2BA39AC6-F162-412E-A298-50C52B7A79F8.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 8593A425-1E88-477C-AAC2-4A9A621FF84E.jpeg
    8593A425-1E88-477C-AAC2-4A9A621FF84E.jpeg
    1,008.7 KB · Views: 3
Ok, it's a RHCP. Sorry I meant to say flip the antenna over and take a picture of the thread where it screws into the goggles, or take the antenna off altogether and we need a close up of the goggle connection base. It will be one of those pictured below. The antenna will be one of those and the goggles connection will be the other so they match up.
1590829915318.png

EVO100 pretty bad googles but I can upgrade in the future !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,020.7 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,011.8 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg