Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What’s better, Aomway or Fatshark? Thoughts & experiences

Squiggle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m thinking of upgrading my goggles & wanted your thoughts on my two front runners. I’m looking at the new Aomway Commander V2 or the Fatshark HD3, I am open to other suggestions if you know of another pair that would be better.

Yeah I saw those &, you’re right, they are pricey indeed.

Yeah I had a look at them & a few reviews & there was a couple of things that didn’t suit me. I’m leaning towards the Aomways but the Fatsharks always look good, I’m just not convinced on the benefits of all the add-ons. Although, this might be good to upgrade the receiver without having to upgrade the goggles.

Well it look like Stu from UAVFutures has given the Aomway’s a good review & the large screen size is high on my list of wants, it looks like they are leading at the moment.

I like the darker grey they’ve used for the V2s & they are a lot lighter than the Fatsharks. Looks like I’m getting some Aomway V2s.

They are around $600AUD, just have to have a search around for best price.

Ordered & excited, I’ll let you guys know how they are in about a week or so.

Reactions: Wayno52
Sure did dude, thanks for the link! Much better wait time than BG & cheaper too. :)

No problems mate I buy pretty much everything from Buzz. Great prices, great service and you will receive them super fast. He only looks lives 15 min from me so I don’t even pay postage. :D

Reactions: Squiggle
That’s awesome dude, there’s no drone shops near me, the nearest hobby shop is an hour away & they only carry the crappy toy drones without FPV. :(

Well, after using them for a few weeks now I do like them a lot. The fov is pretty big, so much so that the OSD stuff in the corners are a little fuzzy. The fan is a great idea for stop fogging, but sometimes it makes my eyes water. The DVR is pretty cool, I configured the FC to be able to turn the OSD off while flying & then I just edit the vids later to remove the parts with OSD. They are very light & fit my face well, & there is two thickness foams to use. My old goggles are Fatshark Transformers, the fov on those is much bigger & clearer at the edges, but I think the fuzzy edges might be my eyes, lol. The Transformers are great if you don’t mind box goggles, but the V2s are much lighter & more compact to travel with as they come with a cool case. The V2s also allow you to use up to 4s batteries. So, to wrap up, I like the V2s the most for all the features, but the Transformers have a more immersive experience with a larger & clearer fov. I have been using the V2s & then I put the Transformers on my friend, missus or son so they can have a bit of an FPV experience.

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax