Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Welcome home to the 'TGO SE' 3" Tiny Monster!!!

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Green outdid himself with this Tiny Monster! Packaged carefully and loaded with spare parts and notes (you wouldn't get that from another builder)! I cant wait to fly this bad boy! Weather is crap today so it's a no go for now. Storms are coming in tonight but maybe tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks you Mr. Green!

Jerry

TGO SE-01.JPG TGO SE-02.JPG

Green outdid himself with this Tiny Monster! Packaged carefully and loaded with spare parts and notes (you wouldn't get that from another builder)! I cant wait to fly this bad boy! Weather is crap today so it's a no go for now. Storms are coming in tonight but maybe tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks you Mr. Green!

Jerry

View attachment 1148 View attachment 1149
That thing is awesome! Cant wait to see some flight footage!
Where did you get those props Green?

Storms all night last night, didn't get much sleep. A bit windy this morning. I'm going to jump in the shower then put The TGO SE on the computer, study BF a bit and do some backups. Hopefully, the wind will settle and I'll be able to put it in the air today.

Great job of the application of the CA on all of the edges, very meticulous! I don't know much about these little buggers, what made you decide to go 3x3 on the props? My little DT130 is running 3x4.5. Just trying to get educated.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I had some DYS 3045's on there at first (included a set in there for you I think). I was hearing some oscillations that I couldn't really tune out (see PID profile 2 for my attempt). Maybe just a poorly balanced set of props, it went away when I put on the 3030's.

Plus I was hoping the 3030's would give better battery life. I am a little worried about flight time because it came out a bit heavier than I was anticipating (mainly due to Tramp and SMA connectors). That is also why I included an 850mah for you to try.

Anyways, I hope I made the right choices. I am a bit nervous about how it performs :eek:

Hi Jerry,

I had some DYS 3045's on there at first (included a set in there for you I think). I was hearing some oscillations that I couldn't really tune out (see PID profile 2 for my attempt). Maybe just a poorly balanced set of props, it went away when I put on the 3030's.

Plus I was hoping the 3030's would give better battery life. I am a little worried about flight time because it came out a bit heavier than I was anticipating (mainly due to Tramp and SMA connectors). That is also why I included an 850mah for you to try.

Anyways, I hope I made the right choices. I am a bit nervous about how it performs :eek:
Man that thing is a trophy if it never flies again lol

Storms all night last night, didn't get much sleep. A bit windy this morning. I'm going to jump in the shower then put The TGO SE on the computer, study BF a bit and do some backups. Hopefully, the wind will settle and I'll be able to put it in the air today.

Great job of the application of the CA on all of the edges, very meticulous! I don't know much about these little buggers, what made you decide to go 3x3 on the props? My little DT130 is running 3x4.5. Just trying to get educated.

Jerry
Those should be bigger (more torq) motors on your dt build

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Maiden went okay! Just a quick flight to test systems. OSD seems to flicker a bit, PID's/Rates are a bit slow and I have no audio but all-in-all a successful flight. Came down a bit premature as there was a bird taking a serious interest in the TGO! Motors were slightly warm, not hot at all. Will swap props from the 3030 to the 3045's and see if I can push it a little harder on the next pack!

Jerry

Edit: Also just noticed that my batteries are at 54% (15.42) when I went to charge them. I think that the OSD battery settings are off. I was trying to land at a cell voltage of 3.7 which would be 14.8. I'll have to look back to remember how I made these adjustments before.

Last edited:
Flys as good as it looks! The bird you mentioned reminded me:
i use to play a lot of golf and once a crow went in my cart and flew off with my car keys....lol
had to follow him for 20 mins till he dropped them. Dang crow. The course pro told me that he (the crow) got several sets of keys a week. There was a rumor that the crow was trained by a local locksmith...lol

For flights 2 & 3 I swapped props from 3030 to 3045's. I like the movement better but I do hear some oscillation. Motors were still warm not hot after each flight. I might try some 3045 twin props just to see if there's any difference.

Jerry

Man i love your slice of heaven! Might try some 3040 3's also

Green,

Yeah, I don't have any 3045 twins here right now. I think I have some on the way. I'm going to try the 3030 twins next just so I can get a feel for the different props. I also lost the back spacer and two screws by the VTX antenna. Also a screw on the front green spacer. I'm glad you put spares in the box! I went through the whole bird and checked everything.

Virtue,

Yeah this has been a great place for the past 20 years, I'm going to hate leaving it.

Jerry

Green,

Yeah, I don't have any 3045 twins here right now. I think I have some on the way. I'm going to try the 3030 twins next just so I can get a feel for the different props. I also lost the back spacer and two screws by the VTX antenna. Also a screw on the front green spacer. I'm glad you put spares in the box! I went through the whole bird and checked everything.

Virtue,

Yeah this has been a great place for the past 20 years, I'm going to hate leaving it.

Jerry

Dang, sorry that is a lot of parts fell off! I guess I need to tighten screws a little more around here. If you need something you don't have, let me know and I might have it laying around here somewhere.

For flights 2 & 3 I swapped props from 3030 to 3045's. I like the movement better but I do hear some oscillation. Motors were still warm not hot after each flight. I might try some 3045 twin props just to see if there's any difference.

Jerry

Kinda sounds like the "P" is a little high, may try lowering it a little with the 45's

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas