Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Weird VTX Issues

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
I have these horizonal lines on my OSD when flying and have so far tried changing antennas, TX band/Freq and power settings and no good. Today I decided to just hold the quad in my hand to recreate the issue without it being armed to try and rule out possible interference from crossfire, ESCs, motor etc and to my surprise its still happens

You can see in the vid the lines appear across the screen only when the quad is pitched forward. If I look up or keep it flat its ok and when i roll side to side its also ok.

Any ideas?

I now believe this to be a fault with the onboard OSD within the SucceX F4 FC. If I force a reboot of the FC whilst watching image in goggles the distortion goes away and then returns as soon as BF boots back up and adds the OSD overlay. This rules out cam and vtx so is there anything I can do here to fix this or maybe just h/w fault?

Maybe double check to see that everything is set to PAL or NTSC as appropriate? That is all I can think of, it seemed like maybe the amount of light entering the cam might have an effect, perhaps try to adjust the contrast and such to see if it makes any difference?

Auto, PAL or NTSC doesn't haven an effect on it nor does goggle contrast settings and I can't actually change cam settings as its fixed being the CaddX Turbo EOS v2. Anyhow, I've proven cam and goggle setup is fine as the image is perfect once OSD is disabled. As soon as BF boots and displays overlay on OSD bang its there again.

• Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Sounds like good troubleshooting, and it sounds like the FC/OSD is defective, good luck getting things sorted out buddy!

Ok so quick update. I decided it was most likely to be the camera so took the plunge and ordered the Caddx Ratel and bingo issue is fixed :)

Little clip here showing the quality of the FPV feed now if anyone else wants to do the same upgrade

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax