Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Weird OSD glitch?

Fiddlebog

Reaction score
So I got the new Diatone Fury f3 to get an OSD on my Tyrant. However, when I have it all hooked up I get video feed just fine, but I get a weird overlay of random glitches characters that switch to all V's after boot. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_1889.JPG
    IMG_1889.JPG
    654.8 KB · Views: 9
Note that this happens when I have OSD enabled even if I have all OSD features disabled. Disabling the OSD entirely "resolves" the problem and allows me to have a normal camera view.

I works just fine so long as I have it disabled, so I don't think I have anything wired wrong. So it must be a firmware or hardware issue? Maybe my FC is defective?

So I updated the firmware, and now BF doesn't even recognize the OSD part of the board. Says something about it not responding to OSD commands. I tried emailing Diatone, but they haven't responded. At this point I'm assuming it's defective.

Reactions: Keifie
Did you try flashing the same version? Sometimes upgrades break stuff. You might try 3.1.6 or whatever it arrived with. But yeah, it sounds like it is probably broken.

Did you ever figure this out I'm have the same problem,was wondering if it was a bad fc

Bottle,

Try this. Plug your Lipo battery into the bird (props off!) then connect the bird to the computer and go into BetaFlight. In BetaFlight go to the OSD section. Select "Font Manager" and select a font (I use the BetaFlight font). Select "Upload Font". On some of my birds this will cause BetaFlight to reboot, don't worry about the reboot, the font has been changed. This should solve your problem, if not, it's something else. Let me know if it works or not.

Jerry

Reactions: theGreenOrange

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas