Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Weather sux, getting ready for the TBS Crossfire build...

It's another 5". We'll always have room for you!

Jerry
I'd bet if you were to use 1800kv motors on that quad you'd get 6-8 mins flight time out of it. You'd think 1800kv would be slow but with big bite (5x51x3 etc props they're actually darn fast and really efficient. Definitely over 5 min. Those are 1800 kv's in my flaming crash video (that was on 6")

I'd bet if you were to use 1800kv motors on that quad you'd get 6-8 mins flight time out of it. You'd think 1800kv would be slow but with big bite (5x51x3 etc props they're actually darn fast and really efficient. Definitely over 5 min. Those are 1800 kv's in my flaming crash video (that was on 6")

I'm probably going to go with what I know. I have had great luck with the EMax motors. Haven't had a single issue. I think I'll go with the new BFF4 board and the Runcam Split (maybe the new 2 I it comes out in time).

Jerry

IMG_8259.JPG IMG_8260.JPG

I feel the same way about Emax, the two sets of white 2306 motors are my favorite by them. Never had a problem and i have at least 6 sets of emax. Definately know about sticking with what you know, i have test quads and proven ones. took a lot of work to figure out what works best.

I've got a lot to get done. Seems BFF4 AIO is having a few issues (info from RCG) that I need to sort through before breaking out the iron.

I'm also concerned about the Split putting too much strain on the AIO. Looking at using a Pololu.

Radio (Taranis X9D+) needs to be updated from 2.1.9 to 2.2.0 and I'm getting a "Invalid Language" error. It's imperative to get this sorted for the implementation of the Crossfire system. Weather will suck today and then again on Thursday and beyond. It might be okay tomorrow, not sure yet.

I'll try to push through it when I get the opportunities today for a possible maiden tomorrow but it's not looking good.

Jerry

Obviously, I haven't gotten very far with the Leopard/Crossfire build. Too much going on around here these days. I did take a bit of time today to CA the edges of the Leopard frame.

IMG_8271.JPG IMG_8272.JPG IMG_8273.JPG

I am having some issues with component placement. The antenna needs to be placed in a good location for the best signal. These are some photo's from the TBS site of the best locations.

ZZZCrossfire01.png ZZZCrossfire02.png

I really don't think I want it under one of the arms, seems too exposed to me. The micro receiver is an odd shape. It's fairly small but awkward. Long and thin. a little thick due to the plastic connectors and the antenna junction. I think I'm going to try to run the receiver either under the FC or inside the top of the canopy and the antenna across and above the top of the canopy arches (above the camera). I'll start soldering next and I'll figure out the best placement after I have the ESC's and FC connections made.

Jerry

Hi Jerry, which quad is this?
1486-01556f0985522e67ba2f6c77c7a49e95.jpg

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone