Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Want some help in choosing parts for my racing drone

CLRacingF4s

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am from India and I am building this 'dream' drone of mine. I want it to go upto at least 190mph, so these are the parts I have chosen and I think they should work. I have this cheap racing CF quad but I want something more robust and something I can go for races. But of course before I buy them I wanted to know wether they are fine and will this all work out? (I searched all these parts on getfpv.com)

Parts-

1) Xilo Phreak FPV racing quadcopter frame (5" frame)
2) TMotor F60 PROIII 2700KV motor
3) TMotor F55A Pro II ESC w/BEC MCU F3 Version
4)Tmotor F5150 Props
5) CL Racing F4s
6)Tattu R-Line Version 3.0 1300mAh 6s 120C Lipo Battery
or a battery I have searched maybe- Lumenier N2O Extreme 1850mAh 6s 150c Lipo Battery

I am also thinking of looking at some F7 FC's also, so let me know if there are some good F7's I can consider. I was thinking of buying the Tmotor F7 Flight controller.

I would like to know if this is a good build to make for a max.190mph racing drone. Please let me know. Thank you!

Hello,
I am by no means an expert, but I would take a look at 2208 sized motors with high pitch props. You have a 2207 @ 2700kv listed. Since you are using a 6s, I would stick to a kv around 1700-1900 for racing, otherwise you might burn out your motors or your esc, whichever comes first. From what I have read, taller motors are more powerful, so you will theoretically get more power with a 2208 than a 2207. If you want to stick to the F60 Pro motors, (2207), try looking into the 1900kv version.
As far as F7, take a look at CLracing f7 mpu6000 v2, no need to spend extra for a dual gyro fc since mpu6000 gyro does the job better than a more sensitive one.

Bottom line for going as fast as possible in a straight line is thrust to weight ratio, meaning a reasonably powerful motor, aggressive prop, and a light frame and battery will make it go faster. You should probably not get a too heavy of a battery, defeats the purpose of a light body. There are a ton of other factors to racing, such as cornering ability, same with cars where a car with the fastest top speed might not get the fastest time in a track race.

Just some suggestions, of course do more research. And buy at your discretion :)

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I don't think there is any way to get 190 MPH out of a quad of this type currently, for this style of quad the Guinness Book of World Records is about 163 MPH. I doubt that build will do more than about 140 MPH if you're very lucky. Perhaps watch a few videos on the subject, and beware any claims without some kind of proof since some say 200 MPH but they mean KPH or are highly wind assisted speeds.

1572403512786.png

I don't think there is any way to get 190 MPH out of a quad of this type currently, for this style of quad the Guinness Book of World Records is about 163 MPH. I doubt that build will do more than about 140 MPH if you're very lucky. Perhaps watch a few videos on the subject, and beware any claims without some kind of proof since some say 200 MPH but they mean KPH or are highly wind assisted speeds.

View attachment 3670

Thank you very much I saw a video on youtube where it showed 185mph drone.

Hello,
I am by no means an expert, but I would take a look at 2208 sized motors with high pitch props. You have a 2207 @ 2700kv listed. Since you are using a 6s, I would stick to a kv around 1700-1900 for racing, otherwise you might burn out your motors or your esc, whichever comes first. From what I have read, taller motors are more powerful, so you will theoretically get more power with a 2208 than a 2207. If you want to stick to the F60 Pro motors, (2207), try looking into the 1900kv version.
As far as F7, take a look at CLracing f7 mpu6000 v2, no need to spend extra for a dual gyro fc since mpu6000 gyro does the job better than a more sensitive one.

Bottom line for going as fast as possible in a straight line is thrust to weight ratio, meaning a reasonably powerful motor, aggressive prop, and a light frame and battery will make it go faster. You should probably not get a too heavy of a battery, defeats the purpose of a light body. There are a ton of other factors to racing, such as cornering ability, same with cars where a car with the fastest top speed might not get the fastest time in a track race.

Just some suggestions, of course do more research. And buy at your discretion :)
Thanks a lot for your advice, the main thing I want to achieve with this drone is freestyle and FPV racing, both. And will I still get at least a speed of 140mph if I use F60 pro's at 1900KV?

Thanks a lot for your advice, the main thing I want to achieve with this drone is freestyle and FPV racing, both. And will I still get at least a speed of 140mph if I use F60 pro's at 1900KV?
I can't say for certain, but I don't see why not if you can minimize the weight of your quad by getting a light frame, high pitch props, 1300mah battery, light antennas, light screws, etc. A frame with a canopy might help, since drag forces become stronger the faster you go, and a smooth rounded canopy might assist in directing airflow better than a flat top plate.
This is all theoretical, so please do some reading, since my research is specific to the type of quad I'm building.

Thank you very much I saw a video on youtube where it showed 185mph drone.
Show us a link and I'll show you how hard it is to actually do that.
the main thing I want to achieve with this drone is freestyle and FPV racing, both. And will I still get at least a speed of 140mph if I use F60 pro's at 1900KV?
Let's get you in the air first, you have to walk before you run. By the time you're able to build and fly a quad capable of breaking 120mph there will be faster products available. Multi GP style racing isn't about top speed, it's about pilot skill and the overall abilities of your build. A build optimized for top speed would not likely win. Oh, and a 140 mph drone would be garbage for freestyle as well.

This guy designs custom frames and can hit 200. It's not easy, and it's not legal (not that I care, just FYI)
IDK about you, but it's pretty boring for me, just numbers on a GPS.

I can't say for certain, but I don't see why not if you can minimize the weight of your quad by getting a light frame, high pitch props, 1300mah battery, light antennas, light screws, etc. A frame with a canopy might help, since drag forces become stronger the faster you go, and a smooth rounded canopy might assist in directing airflow better than a flat top plate.
This is all theoretical, so please do some reading, since my research is specific to the type of quad I'm building.
Sure, thanks a lot. I also thought of using F80 pro's as its max thrust is 2.1kg.

Reactions: rtkDarling
Sure, thanks a lot. I also thought of using F80 pro's as its max thrust is 2.1kg.
Those are one of my favorite motors right now. I'm running F80s (those are 2408) at 1900KV on 5s. Hyperlight also makes a set that are comparable. I fly those too and I like them, but I haven't really put them through the ringer yet. Pretty sure I'm the only pilot on this site that has those on his day-to-day flier

Yeah they are not cheap, I got lucky and a friend owed me 4 motors for about $100, so I just chipped in the extra 30 bucks and grabbed a set because the specs are pretty amazing.

Reactions: rtkDarling
Yeah they are not cheap, I got lucky and a friend owed me 4 motors for about $100, so I just chipped in the extra 30 bucks and grabbed a set because the specs are pretty amazing.
That's gotta be the deal of the century. I'm just thinking how fast a drone with this motor, paired with the iflight dove frame will do. I think that will be my next build.

The full build specs right now based on parts on hand...

TBS (RDQ version) Source One 7"
TOA 2208's
T-Motor 45 amp BLH32 individual ESC's (got a steal on these, 4 for $50, normally $120)
BrainFPV Radix F4 FC and PDB
Byte Frost with Runcam AHD camera
Crossfire nano
And of course a FullSpeed Lucky Box buzzer so I might be able to find it if the battery ejects.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput