Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Walkera Rodeo 110 with Walkera Goggle 4?

Cyber3xpert

Reaction score
Hey people, what do you think of the Walkera Rodeo 110 with the Goggle 4? Is it a good combo? I'm trying to get into fpv, but don't know what's good and what's not, or what to look for.

I would steer away from walkera stuff if I were you. It's very outdated and can only run walkera gear. Much better options out there, imho.
Have you flown much before? What type of flying do you want to do? What kind of budget do you have?
Also where are you located as shipping and rules vary a lot.

Hey @Cyber3xpert, Wayne is correct, you won't have any fun or learn much before it is broken, it is somewhat inexpensive compared to something decent, but it will be money down the drain in the long run. There is a lot of stuff out there that is a terrible experience for the money, and some that is pretty darned good for the money, spend yours on something you can grow with at least.

I haven't ever flown fpv, but I have a DJI MP and Spark. I want to get into fpv on a $200-ish budget. I just want to fly for fun around my backyard. I'm located in KY. I posted a thread a week or so ago asking about good beginner fpv drones. I got some good answers on there, but am still fishing around.

I haven't ever flown fpv, but I have a DJI MP and Spark. I want to get into fpv on a $200-ish budget. I just want to fly for fun around my backyard. I'm located in KY. I posted a thread a week or so ago asking about good beginner fpv drones. I got some good answers on there, but am still fishing around.
For your budget I would say the Tinyhawk package is still the best bet.

I learned years ago flying RC helicopters that Walkera simply did a bad job copying other designs. cheap bearings, thin material, cheap motors etc. It looks the same and lists with good stats but its never what you expect.

Those suggested above provide lots of better options with more help and forum feedback for when you break something.

I haven't ever flown fpv, but I have a DJI MP and Spark.
Please don't take offense, but we don't really fly DJI stuff, it flies itself and we just tell it where to go, FPV drones are not like that and will crash when we don't control the sticks to keep it in the air. There is a bit of a learning curve on this and it will take some dedication and practice to cross the hurdle of actually piloting one of these.

For your budget I would say the Tinyhawk package is still the best bet.
While the TinyHawk kit is reasonable I think the goggles and controller are a bit of a waste of money unless you never want to advance in the hobby. I think a new or used QX7 and a set of EV800D's is a much better setup for not much more money.

While the TinyHawk kit is reasonable I think the goggles and controller are a bit of a waste of money unless you never want to advance in the hobby. I think a new or used QX7 and a set of EV800D's is a much better setup for not much more money.
I totally agree and stated that in his previous thread but it won't fit his $200.00 limit...

This was my suggestion from the other thread:

Put your own package together with good components.

EMAX BNF Tinyhawk II 1-2S Racing Drone w/ Runcam Nano2
EMAX BNF Tinyhawk II 1-2S Racing Drone w/ Runcam Nano2Default Title

FrSky Taranis Q X7 2.4GHz 16CH Transmitter
FrSky Taranis Q X7 2.4GHz 16CH Transmitter (White)

FrSky 2000mAh 7.2V NiMH Battery for Taranis Q X7
FrSky 2000mAh 7.2V NiMH Battery for Taranis Q X7Default Title

FrSky Taranis Q X7 Li/NiMH Dual Mode Battery Charger
FrSky Taranis Q X7 Li/NiMH Dual Mode Battery Charger [FRK-4100070] | Cars & Trucks

Eachine EV800D 5.8GHz 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR
Eachine EV800D 5.8GHz 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR

The total would be about $350.00.
The radio can be used with any future quads as well as the simulators (it is what I use myself), and the goggles will work till when you want to spend hundreds on great ones...

Please don't take offense, but we don't really fly DJI stuff, it flies itself and we just tell it where to go, FPV drones are not like that and will crash when we don't control the sticks to keep it in the air. There is a bit of a learning curve on this and it will take some dedication and practice to cross the hurdle of actually piloting one of these.
I have a Mavic 2 Pro (my first drone) and find it very boring to fly (if you call that flying) but it does take great pics and video...;)

None taken. I know you guys know a ton more than I do, so that's why I'm getting your opinion. I'm open to suggestions and options. I want something more challenging than DJI. They're nice and all, but they basically do everything themselves. I've had a lot of fun with those little manual altitude drones, definitely more than my DJI drones. But I want to upgrade from junk to something more durable and that will last longer, and is almost completely manual. It's weird that a $20 drone is more fun than a $1,000 drone, but that's how it is.

Dont be misled! with a gopro on board, my 5 and 6" quads are 1000$ flying not including goggles and Transmitter.
it's not cheaper to fly FPV race/acro quads.. it's just more challenging because your TX sticks control the show 100%.. no auto nothin... your flying

I have a DJI Mavic pro.. badass flying camera and I love it. It makes me money on occasion (107 cert).. super cool tool! it's a "Robot"
This sequence would be impossible with an acro quad.. But it's still cool as it is via DJI Mavic. Many on this forum have these and use them. It's not a bios, these are cool. The adrenaline rush of flying Acro/race quads FPV.. its worth the constant expense.

Last edited:
Ditto on the avoid the Walkera 110.

I posted this in the Mavic forum about a year ago:

"Walkera Rodeo 110 RTF drone. Present cost about $180 on Amazon. I loved it and it's a lot of kit for the price, but, I wouldn't recommend this either. After about 4 months of beating the living daylights out of this poor drone one motor stopped working. I crashed this thing HARD every time I used it and it kept coming back for more. I was tempted to try and fix it with about $60 worth of parts, but I opted to spend that money on another drone. My reasons for not recommending this are as follows:
  • It is a proprietary system (as DJI owners we are VERY familiar with that....). The Walkera TX that comes with it isn't bad, but it can only be used with other Walkera drones.
  • Although repair parts are available, they too are Walkera and cost more than comparable products.
  • The camera on it is pretty bad.
The Rodeo 110 served me well and I hate not being able to recommend it, but, if I had to do it again I would probably save a little more money and buy a separate TX and a more "universal" drone."

Presently I fly the Fullspeed Leader 3 with a base model Taranis Q7. For that quad, that receiver, and batteries for both you are looking at about $300. (I replaced the Walkera with the Leader 3 and I am VERY happy with the Leader 3.) If my internet search is accurate that's about $65 more than the Walkera RTF kit. Here's why it's a better deal:
  • The DEVO 7 rc isn't terrible, but the Q7 blows it away.
  • The Leader 3 flies way better than the Walkera and I find it easier to control. It's also faster and has a WAY WAY WAY better camera than the Rodeo 110 which is just bad.
  • I can use my Taranis Q7 with my other drones.
As for goggles the EV800 is reportedly fairly good, especially considering it's price, however I bit the bullet and bought Fatshark HDO's with a Rapid-fire module. This is a fantastic (and expensive) setup and I am pleased with them. However the goggles and module ALONE costs almost 4 x your budget. (In addition, people are raving about the DJI FPV goggles which are comparable in price. I love my Mavic Pro, but, I'm not super crazy about DJI's lack of openness.) I will mention that you won't crash your goggles or TX, so if you are looking to overspend, that's where you should do it.

I have found that I now own two of each of my current FPV drones. Once I smash up the first one enough to kill it and need parts I buy another one. My old one becomes a parts bank and this has worked out well.

Another great recommendation is to get your TX first and get a computer simulator. Fly the simulator for a month or so before you get your actual quad. It will delay (but not eliminate) the ultimate destruction of your first drone. You will crash it......alot.....and you will need parts for it (especially props). You may also wish to save up for a decent soldering station.

I love my Mavic and it's fantastic at what it was built for, but with FPV you are truly piloting your rig. If I get in trouble with my Mavic I release the sticks and it waits for me to get my act together. If you get in trouble with your FPV quad and keep letting go of the sticks....at all.... you will understand why I recommend saving for the soldering staion.

Have fun, FPV is fantastic!

Peter T

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix