Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Walkera F210 ( a real bind )

Waylander

Reaction score
Hello I hope that someone can answer my question,

I have a Walkera F210 and a Devo 7 flight controller, which are both working OK.

Here is my problem, in the Devo 7 I have copied the F210 model parameters, and named the new set-up as F21-

The new set-up is a little easier to fly as I have reduced some of the stick rates to 50%, however I can not get the Walkera F210 to bind to this new set-up, what must I do, the manual is not very helpful with this and is not easy to read

I would be grateful for anyone's help in this matter, or if you could point me to a youtube video or something
Thanks
Waylander

I don't have a Devo, but maybe this (or some other) video can help?

Hi Hebrews12v2

Thanks for the video, it is probably the clearest and most concise of the videos I have seen on this matter, however all the videos I have viewed without exception, refer to a "bind" plug, the F210 does not have one, it apparently has a "Clear" button, I have pressed every button that I can find (even a couple of screw heads for good measure... Lol), and I am unable to get the drone to bind to the new profile (which is just a copy of the original profile" I have followed the steps in the video's and even some written ones I found on the web, but to no avail, I need some one to send me a photo of where this "clear" button is located.
So thanks anyway, Happy Flying
Waylander

I just watched that video myself, and it looks to me like the bind plug is inserted then powered on it does the "clear" of the old bind, then when you pull the plug while it the power is still on it sets the receiver up for the new bind. I may be mistaken, but that is what it looked like to me.

I just watched that video myself, and it looks to me like the bind plug is inserted then powered on it does the "clear" of the old bind, then when you pull the plug while it the power is still on it sets the receiver up for the new bind. I may be mistaken, but that is what it looked like to me.

Sorry my friend we are not apparently on the same hymn sheet, I said in my quote that the Walkera F210 does not have a "Bind" plug it has a "Clear" button to do the same job, problem is I have pressed all of the buttons I can find, in all the combinations that I can think of and still no Joy... :-(
Thanks for your help though. :)
Regards
Waylander

EUREKA I've managed to do it at long last...........

I have created a new profile, altered the parameters, and bound it to my Walkera F210, may not sound like a big deal, but there is not a single video or instructions on exactly how to do this on an F210, I know I looked long and hard.

The YouTube video suggested by Hebrews12v2 got me part way, I had watched similar videos which did not help me as much, so many thanks to the author Danny Om ( I salute you ), but his video was not specific with regard to the Walkera F210 only about the Devo 7. Anyway long story short I found the "Clear" switch and the correct sequence to operate it and subsequently bind a new profile to the drone.

Then the second person to help was Mike Russell ( equal salutes to you ) his YouTube video "
" will show you how to copy a profile, save it and then change the
DREXP settings and map it to the D/R switch.

Thanks to the other OP's for thier suggestions, if enough people are interested in how to do this I will sit down and write a procedure.

Going to have a LARGE glass ( read bottle ) of wine to celebrate.
Waylander

do please tell us how to bind.
i bought a F210 with devo10, then my friend "totalled" my F210 and bought a new replacement for me. The new F210 has arrived, but it isn't bound to my devo10.

I've searched all over the net and couldn't find the instructions as well.
I've signed up here just so you could share how to do this. Thanks in advance !!

Hello alex

Yes I will write a methodology as soon as I get back home, we are away for a few days over Easter
Will do it when I get back
Ciao
Waylander

Hi alex
Sorry about the delay, here is how I managed to bind the Walkera F210 to another profile in the Devo7 RC, I think this will be the same for a new profile or for a new RC i.e Devo10

Here goes:-
1). With the battery disconnected, remove the 4 screws which hold the (boat shaped) access plate from the underside of the F210.
2). You will see towards the nose of the drone a small square circuit board ( the RX713 reciever) with 2 antenna cables attached to it.
3). From my picture you can see the "Clear" button that I point to with the pen, ( in other post this has the same function as the "Bind" plug )
4). With battery disconnected press and hold the "clear" button, and then connect the battery with the button still pressed.
5). You will see the Red LED to the left of the "Clear" button start to flash slowly,
6). After 5 seconds or so, with the battery still connected, release the "Clear" button, the Red LED will then start to flash quickly.
7). You can now release the "Clear" button, and disconnect the drone battery.
8). Turn on your RC and select the profile for the F210, ensure that "Fixed" binding is switched off, ( see other video links from my earlier posts ), then turn off the RC.
9). Have the F210 near you ready to connect the battery.
10). Turn on the RC and immediately (2 seconds or so) connect the battery to the F210, the binding process will begin and take around 10 seconds

That is what I did to bind a new and modified profile to my F210, hope this helps you, post me if you need more info
Happy Flying
Waylander

Attachments

• Img_5073[1].jpg
    Img_5073[1].jpg
    1 MB · Views: 63
thank you so much, i love you!!
looking forward to try this method tomorrow!

in theory, it should have worked.
but after looking around online, i found many F210 users are having two common problems:

1) getting a real locked bind
2) getting failsafe to work (even turning it on with Cleanflight doesn't work)

seems they (Walkera) need to update the F210's firmware to fix these problems, but they haven't yet.

in theory, it should have worked.
but after looking around online, i found many F210 users are having two common problems:

1) getting a real locked bind
2) getting failsafe to work (even turning it on with Cleanflight doesn't work)

seems they (Walkera) need to update the F210's firmware to fix these problems, but they haven't yet.

Oh sorry to hear that it did not work for you..., I had made a lot of different attempts to get a bind, and only this method worked, but you have to follow the other steps outlined in the video's that I linked to very carefully, once I did I could get it to bind very time, the F210 is supposed to be BNF, in fact if you look at the bottom plate covering the "clear" button you will see that along with access to the various other switches, Walkera has made access holes in the plate which align with the "Clear"button and the indicator LED, if you trash or loose the F210, you can buy another and bind it to your RC (in theory anyway).
Bye for now Waylander

Would any one know why my devo7 transmitter will bind but won't unlock or lock my motors? This all happened when I installed a brand new replacement rx713. After messing with the fixID & clear button my devo7 TX. No longer wanted to bind w the new rx713. Out of fustartion I put the old rx713 back in to get a better ideal of the problem . That's when the issue of my Dev TX would bind with rx713 but will not respond to lock / unlock motor commands.

Hi alex
Sorry about the delay, here is how I managed to bind the Walkera F210 to another profile in the Devo7 RC, I think this will be the same for a new profile or for a new RC i.e Devo10

Here goes:-
1). With the battery disconnected, remove the 4 screws which hold the (boat shaped) access plate from the underside of the F210.
2). You will see towards the nose of the drone a small square circuit board ( the RX713 reciever) with 2 antenna cables attached to it.
3). From my picture you can see the "Clear" button that I point to with the pen, ( in other post this has the same function as the "Bind" plug )
4). With battery disconnected press and hold the "clear" button, and then connect the battery with the button still pressed.
5). You will see the Red LED to the left of the "Clear" button start to flash slowly,
6). After 5 seconds or so, with the battery still connected, release the "Clear" button, the Red LED will then start to flash quickly.
7). You can now release the "Clear" button, and disconnect the drone battery.
8). Turn on your RC and select the profile for the F210, ensure that "Fixed" binding is switched off, ( see other video links from my earlier posts ), then turn off the RC.
9). Have the F210 near you ready to connect the battery.
10). Turn on the RC and immediately (2 seconds or so) connect the battery to the F210, the binding process will begin and take around 10 seconds

That is what I did to bind a new and modified profile to my F210, hope this helps you, post me if you need more info
Happy Flying
Waylander

OMG OMG OMG!

I crashed my F210 3 months ago, cracked a leg in 1/2 and bent the ESC so it looked like a boomerang. Ordered a new bottom leg and new ESC. They eventually arrived, replaced them on quad and was hovering for about 10 seconds then the quad would fall out of the air. After days of trying to swap ESC and motors I decided to pull the entire quad apart. Found the problem, the connector which you push the ESC into which connects it to the PDB had snapped off and was only holding on by a thread.

So I ordered a new pdb, this eventually arrived and I put the quad back together, although I can't seem to get a few things exactly how they originate, it's good enough.

Turn the quad on, not binding to Devo7. Weeks of looking through forums and nothing.... I was literally a week away from scrapping it for parts, tonight I found your post. Thank you so much. I found out something you missed too, make sure the RX is COMPLETELY pushed into the pdb, even if you screwed it in. Mine was not 100% pushed in, so when I followed your step initially there was no like on the RX.

Again my thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum Kaos. I am glad you found this site and his post . Spread the word as DRP is gonna get hot :)

OMG OMG OMG!

I crashed my F210 3 months ago, cracked a leg in 1/2 and bent the ESC so it looked like a boomerang. Ordered a new bottom leg and new ESC. They eventually arrived, replaced them on quad and was hovering for about 10 seconds then the quad would fall out of the air. After days of trying to swap ESC and motors I decided to pull the entire quad apart. Found the problem, the connector which you push the ESC into which connects it to the PDB had snapped off and was only holding on by a thread.

So I ordered a new pdb, this eventually arrived and I put the quad back together, although I can't seem to get a few things exactly how they originate, it's good enough.

Turn the quad on, not binding to Devo7. Weeks of looking through forums and nothing.... I was literally a week away from scrapping it for parts, tonight I found your post. Thank you so much. I found out something you missed too, make sure the RX is COMPLETELY pushed into the pdb, even if you screwed it in. Mine was not 100% pushed in, so when I followed your step initially there was no like on the RX.

Again my thanks!

Glad to be of help, as donnie says, the forum is the place to look for info, all the best Waylander

I too found DRP after googling "how to bind to the F210". Unfortunately I think the manuals have a HUGE language barrier issue. Love these forumns! Solved my problem!

Welcome to the forum FZero :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax