Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Voltage readings

rtkDarling

Reaction score
I'm going through my fallen builds, diagnosing parts and taking stock. I've got a FC that is reading 4.72 volts on the 5volt rail, and I remember this bird lost video the last time I flew it. Is 4.72 low enough to make 5volt parts start failing? Board works on BF

No, all voltages have a tolerance, it is usually a 5 or 10% at a minimum, 5% would be 4.75 volts so it shouldn't be a problem UNLESS it takes a dive when asked to source a reasonable current level at that voltage, but no way to really know unless you can load it up to 50% of rated current.

I'm trying to come up with better testing methodology than "put it in a quad and see if it works" and I've got a stack of parts that I'd like to evaluate. What could I use to put it under load besides my quad parts? Are there testing devices for things like this?

Thanks for your help BTW, we haven't caught up in a while. I'll have to give you a call :)

The only real way is to make a test jig out of a couple of known good parts and plug it up and power it and then read the voltage when under load, no other way I can think of to try and verify. Let's talk soon brother!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas