Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Video TX Antenna compatibility question

Jeff48920

Reaction score
OK newbie question. I want to get a backup TX antenna for my Racer 250 OEM mushroom vid TX antenna which seems flimsy. Bangood sells a pair of clovers that are RHCP with RP-SMA connectors. Two questions. 1. Are they compatible with the stock TX and 2. BG sells these as a pair, is there any difference between the pair or are they interchangeable at the TX and RX?
http://us.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...ission-RHCP-Antenna-1-Pair-wp-Usa-961730.html

Hi you don't say what make your RC is, but I'm not sure that this makes any difference.
Once upon a time FatShark used to sell antennas as a matched pair but one was a TX and one an RX, but that was in the distant past (in terms od how fast this industry changes).
But now nearly all 5.8 Ghz FPV clover leaf antennas are a matched pair and completely interchangeable between RX and TX. All thats relevant these days is to ensure the correct polarisation (left or Right handed), and that they have the correct connectors.
Hope this answers some of your question :)
Waylander

Reactions: Hebrews12v2
Hi you don't say what make your RC is, but I'm not sure that this makes any difference.
Once upon a time FatShark used to sell antennas as a matched pair but one was a TX and one an RX, but that was in the distant past (in terms od how fast this industry changes).
But now nearly all 5.8 Ghz FPV clover leaf antennas are a matched pair and completely interchangeable between RX and TX. All thats relevant these days is to ensure the correct polarisation (left or Right handed), and that they have the correct connectors.
Hope this answers some of your question :)
Waylander

Thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput