Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

VIDEO NOISE ISSUE

Marturashi

Reaction score
Hey everyone I just switched out a new VTX on my quad. I'm using the lumineer 200 mill watt raceband VTX. I'm also using the FR Sky receiver. Prior to the connection of my receiver to my transmitter my video signal is crystal clear, however after the connection has been established I get a lot of noise in my video. Does anyone have any remedies to this issue???

I Tried doing that on one of the ground pads on the betaflight f3 board, and it did not work.

Hey everyone I just switched out a new VTX on my quad. I'm using the lumineer 200 mill watt raceband VTX. I'm also using the FR Sky receiver. Prior to the connection of my receiver to my transmitter my video signal is crystal clear, however after the connection has been established I get a lot of noise in my video. Does anyone have any remedies to this issue???
An LC filter would help, your getting to much current close to your vtx. Had the same issue myself. Also make sure your antenna is clear of any conductive material like the carbon frame but this is unlikely the issue but never hurts to check

Reactions: Keifie and Wayno52
Iam glad iam not the only ome woth this issue. What is a low capacity filter, and where would I install it on the drone? I have no clue.

Reactions: M3talrocksFPV
Iam glad iam not the only ome woth this issue. What is a low capacity filter, and where would I install it on the drone? I have no clue.
Installing depends on the setup of your drone, just type in lc filter install in YouTube and you'll see all kinds of methods. Typical install though is battery---->lc filter-----> vtx

Reactions: Wayno52
An LC filter would help, your getting to much current close to your vtx. Had the same issue myself. Also make sure your antenna is clear of any conductive material like the carbon frame but this is unlikely the issue but never hurts to check[/QUOTE

I can testify that an LC filter works for taking care of video noise. Ready To Fly Quads

with respect to the vtx antenna, it should not make a difference if the outer part of the SMA connector is touching any carbon, due to the fact that it is at the same electrical potential as the battery negative, or am I missing something ????????

with respect to the vtx antenna, it should not make a difference if the outer part of the SMA connector is touching any carbon, due to the fact that it is at the same electrical potential as the battery negative, or am I missing something ????????
Well you have two you have your trx reciever small and slender (almost looks like fish wire) and of course your main sma but if that trx antenna is touching metal it seems to goof with the video signal too I've noticed, but like I said most likely not the issue but worth checking lol, but yes you are correctin saying that. The issue is probably arising from too much electrical current from the esc's. LC filters take care of that.

Reactions: Keifie

You are missing the biggest source of noise in electrical circuits... Ground loops.

Reactions: Keifie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput