Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Video cam

Couldn’t wait Green, just ordered one. Won’t get for a couple of weeks which will give me time to hopefully get a little better at piloting before it arrives. Just hope weight isn’t too much of an issue.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Looks good Wayne!

I got my $9.99 SQ11 and it seems to work fine, it records for just over an hour on one battery charge.

upload_2017-11-11_2-48-26.png

And just today I got the mount for it

upload_2017-11-11_2-50-23.png

I had to mount it with zip ties but I think it will work.

IMG_2246.jpg IMG_2247.jpg IMG_2248.jpg
As soon as I can get to fly and get video from it I will be starting to post my flights here as I learn.

That looks sweet Randy, I think the way you have mounted it will be fine. The bird looks great. What props you got on there ? I like the look of them.

Hey buddy!
Thanks, I can't complain about these wizards, got them for $99.99 on sale plus $14.99 for the xsr and I am in the air for $115 a piece. Having 3 of them gives me some backups for when I crash badly and need to do a bunch of repair and they fly fine as near as I can tell.

Since I don't know much yet I looked at what Stu from UAV Futures likes and what Steele likes, Stu flies the ones I have on it currently which are DalProp Cyclones (5x4.5x3), and Steele only uses HQProps V1S (5x4.3x3). Compared to the King Kong's (5x4x3) that come with the wizard, these much stiffer and sturdier props give me a lot more bite and have a lot less flex.

Reactions: Jtrjr and Wayno52
Looks like your running a booster antenna too. Right? I am using booster on Tx and RX and also Invader patch. Working great.

No booster, just a few connectors to get my 5.8 antenna further away from my 2.4 antennas, and at a better angle in flight. Because these vtx's have a 90 degree angle connector and I am running triumph stubbies which don't bend much, I added a 90 and a 45 to the mix just to test. At first I thought I would get too much loss through the added connectors, but I have found that I get much better fpv and coverage this way, so even if there is loss, having a greater distance between 2.4 and 5.8 antennas seems to really help a lot.

That camera looks pretty good for the $, it has a wide angle lens kind of like the gopro replacement lens we use

I know it's not going to be stupendous, but the video seems to be pretty good and at that price it is GREAT for the money. I only got this one because of the thread here

https://droneracingpilots.com/threads/first-impression-of-the-sq11-camera.1228/

and I couldn't afford anything better right now.
I may want to mod the lens later as discussed in that thread, but for now I am just gonna fly it

Oh, one more thing about the added connectors...
I saw one of RaymonFPV videos about them and he made a great point. Having a connector on the VTX acts as a dummy load so that you don't burn up your vtx by not having an antenna attached, which may have helped save one of mine when I ripped the antenna off last week.

So you are running one of the other DAL 5045 models, they are good props, no complaints about how they fly There are so many models of just that one size/pitch/blade for DAL alone, it can be hard to figure it out sometimes.
Mine are the T5045C model and I can see why people like them so much.

Reactions: Jtrjr
yup, same exact prop except for mine are the Crystal series so you can see through them. They feel like polycarbonate to me and I wonder if that's what makes them clear to see through?

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax