Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Vibration

RPR

Reaction score
Website
www.rprsolution.com
Hello gang,

It's been a while... and it also has been a while, since I flew due to work and weather, but today I had the itch to fly and especially got to play around in BF's RPM Filtering. I'm flying my Emax Buzz, 6s, the quad feels really locked in, but..... After reviewing the footage, there are so many vibrations in the footage.

What could be causing this? Could it be my pids or could it be camera mount?

Here's my PID:

Profile 1

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 2.35.48 PM.png
Profile 2

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 2.36.31 PM.png
Rateprofile 1

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 2.36.05 PM.png
Rateprofile 2

Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 2.36.18 PM.png

I've tried mixing every combinations and also tried the slider, but I just could not get rid of the vibrations.

I wrote a suggestion and deleted it because I think it was wrong.
I could be wrong still, but I'll give you my opinion.

Top end vibration isn't about PIDS mostly. Wobble during fast flips, propwash and bounceback are PID issues, top end vibration is more about filtering and the balance of your motors and props, as well as the vibration of the rig and the isolation of the gyro.

Tuning out those vibes is like tuning out mid-throttle oscillation, it takes some time and thinking outside the box.
Check all your screws, tighten your frame. It came with cheap motors, check their balance and replace the props. Try a different prop too, they're optimized for different speeds so some props will work better with your rig and tune than others.

Are you running an ND filter? That helps a lot. The settings on your Gopro play a roll in filtering out vibes too. Make sure your shutter is twice your frame rate, and put an ND 16 on there in full daylight.

Finally, the filtering on the new BF is epic if you want to dive in. I haven't tried RPM filtering yet, count those poles and try it out! I know next to nothing when it comes to filtering, just that your black box will show you the frequency(s) you need to filter out.

Lastly, if you're filming and you need the vibes out fast, try using a lower voltage battery. Stepping down from 6s to 5s might clear it up too. You do lose a little punch, but it's a small price to pay for rock solid footage IMO

PS. I do think your P terms are a little high, if you want to try lowering them a bit I have some suggestions there too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax