Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Velocidrone

I just bought it and I cannot believe how fast I am learning how to fly Air Mode with confidence. Now, if I can just figure out how to make the best of it, I will be happy. I wish it had more options for mountainous terrain though. I live near the Blue Ridge Mountains in NC and I want to make some cinematic videos there. I hope this thread will grow and be a place to exchange our experiences with this great simulator. ?

I would like to check it out but I have not been able to run Velocidrone for more than a couple of minutes and my video card is so hot I can smell it. Liftoff and Freerider Recharged run fine without overheating the card. I have tried all different kinds of settings with no luck. Just starting it and sitting viewing the menu still overheats it.
If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears...
It is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8GB memory.

• Wow
Reactions: HighTechPauper
I couldn't run it until I got a new laptop. The video card in it is nothing special but I do have 32Gb of memory. Maybe that is helping. I have FPV Freerider Recharged and I like it too but I like the ability to have a large variety of quads to fly so that is why I got Velocidrone. I will still use Freerider some too as I like the environments it offers. I just wish that it offered a larger flying space for some of those environments.

I just contacted the forum creator about starting a new category for us sim users... "SimulatorPilots". I hope that it can happen since Velocidrone does not have a forum to use. I don't know if FPV Freerider does either but I think it would be great to have a place to ask for help and swap ideas and knowledge on simulators in general.

I just contacted the forum creator about starting a new category for us sim users... "SimulatorPilots". I hope that it can happen since Velocidrone does not have a forum to use. I don't know if FPV Freerider does either but I think it would be great to have a place to ask for help and swap ideas and knowledge on simulators in general.
Here is a thread by the creator of FPVFreerider on RCGroups.com. I have my custom levels posted on pages 263 and 264. You can get help there.
FPV Freerider - Quadcopter Racing Simulator - Page 267 - RC Groups

This is a thread for Velocidrone also on RCGroups.com. I posted my problem there some time ago but have got no help...
VelociDrone FPV Racing Simulator - Page 57 - RC Groups

While searching this I found ORQA the goggle folks have a new sim in development and for now is free (through Steam). I haven't had a chance to test it myself but for free you wont be out anything...
Orqa FPV.SkyDive on Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
@brettbrandon, Thanks for your information and links. I have seen a few random threads on RCG as well. I think that RCG would have already had such a category but then again, RCG has so many forum subjects going on that one more would just get lost in the crowd.

That is why I am hoping that such a category for the sims can be created here where it is more likely to attract attention from within and from outside DronePilots altogether.

I got a reply from admin on the idea and responded to it. I hope that this can happen for us.

@brettbrandon, that Nvidia GTX1070 should definitely run Velocidrone since I run it with a GTX 965m card which is less capable and has less VRAM. The 8 gig's of RAM is a bit of a bottle neck, and 2x16 gig cards would be a lot cheaper than a new PC, you might want to look into an SSD to add if your PC has an extra drive slot. I have I have 44 gigs of RAM (12 gig built in and 32 gig (2x16 gig) in the memory slots, and both a Samsung SATA SSD (1TB) and 2 NVME 500 gigs that are setup as another 1TB drive, so that helps with the speed and takes some of the load off the video cards GPU and the PC's CPU. It is also possible that if the PC is a little older, more than a year of 2, that the thermal paste that transfers the heat away from the CPU and GPU could have dried up and is causing them to overheat.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
@brettbrandon, that Nvidia GTX1070 should definitely run Velocidrone since I run it with a GTX 965m card which is less capable and has less VRAM. The 8 gig's of RAM is a bit of a bottle neck, and 2x16 gig cards would be a lot cheaper than a new PC, you might want to look into an SSD to add if your PC has an extra drive slot. I have I have 44 gigs of RAM (12 gig built in and 32 gig (2x16 gig) in the memory slots, and both a Samsung SATA SSD (1TB) and 2 NVME 500 gigs that are setup as another 1TB drive, so that helps with the speed and takes some of the load off the video cards GPU and the PC's CPU. It is also possible that if the PC is a little older, more than a year of 2, that the thermal paste that transfers the heat away from the CPU and GPU could have dried up and is causing them to overheat.
I am running Windows 7 64 bit, and the machine has 16 gigs of ram, the video card has 8gb. The video card is what is getting hot not the cpu. I am also running on a Samsung 3D NAND Sata III SSD drive (have two SSD's as well as 2 1TB, 2 2TB, and 1 3TB spinner drives attached in a server case). Just tried the new ORQA FPV.SkyDive sim and it is overheating with that one as well. The other sims run fine just Velocidrone and the new ORQA sims overheat my video card...
EDIT: Forgot to mention it is a i7-4790 CPU 3.6GHz Quad Core. I installed this motherboard about a year ago. I am newer to drones but have been building PC's since after my first computer with Windows 3.1 on it....

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
@brettbrandon, Thanks for your information and links. I have seen a few random threads on RCG as well. I think that RCG would have already had such a category but then again, RCG has so many forum subjects going on that one more would just get lost in the crowd.
RCGroups does have a Simulator category but all that is in it is fixed wing stuff.
The thread for FreeRider is by the person who wrote the sim. He dosen't always seem to check it real often though...
There are more sims out now so a group would be cool, keep at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput