Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tyro99 Shakes violently once throttle is applied

Alister Mac

Reaction score
As soon as I arm the drone, the propellers spin up and if I am on very stable ground the quad seems balanced and happy but as soon as it needs to comensate and make adjustments to prop speeds it gets a wobble that turns violent quickly.
The props are on corrrctly.
In beta flight when I check the motors, I get an interesting thing. ; sliding the master up only to 2, each motor gets pulsed and st first it seems stable but soon the cycle gets off (1 or more motors starts to get pulsed faster or slower its hard to tell).
I don’t know if that is relavent.
Any ideas would be helpful

Check the orientation of the FC in Betaflight to see that you are either for 270 or -90 degrees , motors pulse when throttle is too low, and the FC will make motors spin faster or slower to try and get to what it "thinks" is level.

Check the orientation of the FC in Betaflight to see that you are either for 270 or -90 degrees , motors pulse when throttle is too low, and the FC will make motors spin faster or slower to try and get to what it "thinks" is level.
Would a faulty motor cause a problem like this? I suddenly had 1 motor quit. It sputters a few times then fails. The other 3 then feel in sync.
Will check the FC orientation in beta flight as well. Thank you.

Also Air Mode being turned on will cause motors to start spinning faster as it tries to get to what the FC thinks is level.
Would a faulty motor cause a problem like this? I suddenly had 1 motor quit. It sputters a few times then fails. The other 3 then feel in sync.
I will check Air Mode as well.
Thank you.

I am unsure where I’m betaglight to check the FC orientation. On the Configuration tab I see board and sensor alignment. But after a little trial and error I believe this is not what you are talking about. Please enlighten me.

It is the board and sensor alignment you are looking for on this, but I made a mistake about which quad you have. The simple answer is that there is an arrow on the FC board and it denotes what is "forward" for the FC. If the arrow on the FC faces the same direction as the camera (in other words, forward) then the setting should be 0 for "Yaw Degrees", but if the arrow points in some other direction then the yaw degrees needs to reflect that. The other thing that comes to mind (because I ran in to it with a friends build last week) is to make sure when you test each motor individually in BF Motors tab that the correct motor is spinning when compared to the motor position in the BF representation, if not then it will also skitz out and disarm when you go to take off.

It is the board and sensor alignment you are looking for on this, but I made a mistake about which quad you have. The simple answer is that there is an arrow on the FC board and it denotes what is "forward" for the FC. If the arrow on the FC faces the same direction as the camera (in other words, forward) then the setting should be 0 for "Yaw Degrees", but if the arrow points in some other direction then the yaw degrees needs to reflect that. The other thing that comes to mind (because I ran in to it with a friends build last week) is to make sure when you test each motor individually in BF Motors tab that the correct motor is spinning when compared to the motor position in the BF representation, if not then it will also skitz out and disarm when you go to take off.
Thank you very much. Good info. The FC is physically oriented correctly. I went in to beta flight and reset all to default. I then reflashed the EPROM. After all that, something worked. I wish I knew what parameter was corrupted or exactly what the problem was but it works now. I still have a defective motor that is being replaced but the other 3 seem to function as expected.
So with any luck at all I will finally be flying this thing very soon. I Have had this thing since Christmas and due to several problems it still has never been in the air.
Thank you again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax