Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

tyro99 setup??

i like zap products. zap ca added to baking soda is awesome. zappagap is great too. dip the dry ends in baking soda so the powder fills cracks and splits. carefully press the parts together while pressing out excess baking soda. once you like the fit... hold it tight and apply zap ca. sets quick so be sure.. let it cure for several hours. that should hold though its seldom pretty.
old trick from plank flying days. i think it acts differently than plain "super glue"
zapglue | CYANOACRYLATES (CA's)

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
ok i hit it with jb weld last night. still a little gooey today ill try it tomorrow. so im a new pilot. i think i been kinda nervous about taking it up and going at it. but then i realized today i just need to go for it and give it a good rip and take it up...am i on the right track???

Reactions: Futuramille
Hey all, had a second question on the same build. I am also new to this and the tyro99 was my first DIY.
Tx- flysky FS-i6
Rx- FS-A8S
I am having issues with the configuration and I'm not sure where the issue lies (tx/rx or betaflight). When I connect to betaflight, everything functions and displays on the screen correctly. Receiver indicates transmitter is working, and motors work fine (now 'worked' one does not work properly now). But when I disconnect and try using the transmitter, the quad does not seem to want to balance or even spin all of the motors at the same speed.

I do not have anyone that shares this hobby that I know of and local hobby shop is crap for knowledge and just wants money.

I am super enthused by this hobby but i am getting frustrated by not being able to get off the ground due to lack of knowledge. :(

Hey @Nlake13, welcome to the forum!
There is not enough info in your description to be able to say much about what might be happening. I will point to a few things in your post though...

If the motors (without props on!) do not spin up properly in the Motors tab of Betaflight, then there is likely a problem that will keep you from flying successfully.

There are 3 flight modes and the default "acro" mode does not level itself, are you sure you have set it up to be in "angle" or "horizon" mode which do try to level itself?

You will need all 4 motors working to fly, and the motors will all spin at different speeds when flying, that is how it works, if one side is lower than the other those motors will spin faster to try and compensate so that is likely not your issue. There is also a thing called "air mode" where the motors will spin up faster even without throttle input, so air mode may be on also.

You may want to create a Youtube account, take a short video of each of the motors spinning (only to about half throttle, it is not a great idea to spin them any faster) and upload it to youtube and then post the link here so we can go watch it.

There is a lot to this hobby knowledge wise that you will need to understand to get things right, we can try to help but will need more info than you have provided in your post. If one of the motors no longer works correctly it is likely the 4in1 ESC is damaged, the video will help us to help you. I would guess that Betaflight configuration is 99% of your problems but that one motor is probably a hardware issue.

I had the same issue with the original but when I put the PPM with the center, I had no result. I’m using the FS ia6 in ppm

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem as the topic started had, no response in betaflight when i use my transmitting controller.

U guys were talking about soldering some pad up, all i did was solder up a white 3pin connector so the connector on both ends of the cable are the same and plugged it in on the board and reciever X6B for flysky. Binding worked but no movement on the sticks in betaflight, i don't get it. do i have to solder the yellow wire to a piece of the board to get ibus?

New to this too so what do i have to do now?

if you are using ibus you have to put a dab of solder across 2 pads. i had same issue. works great now

Attachments

• 2956-8cb8c96305c2b6d75555c78dc8a99da2.jpg
    2956-8cb8c96305c2b6d75555c78dc8a99da2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 27
  • 2955-9468991ec26039eba792b88410ff099b.jpg
    2955-9468991ec26039eba792b88410ff099b.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 27
Thank you for your reply,

those pics are very small, does this mean that you solder up these 2 small tabs together? see picture
20180927_164725.jpg

Hi I’m currently new to drone racing, is the Tyro99 recomendable for noobs like me. Well better said is it a good drone?

I want a cheap DIY racing drone under 100$ and I found the Tyro on Banggood, I’m training in a simulator ( if you could tell me another one on steam that’s free please do!)

LOL Vv, it certainly is ;)
And the FPV coalition grows Mwahahahaha, FAA can NEVER stop us now!
I have the exact same problem and the solder to ibus on the FC worked but only partially. I now have control in Betaflight. The Receiver tab shows me my receiver is talking to the FC. I have motor control but when I disconnect from betaflight my TX appears to do nothing. I am binded but it wont even arm. Any Ideas?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hi I’m currently new to drone racing, is the Tyro99 recomendable for noobs like me. Well better said is it a good drone?

I want a cheap DIY racing drone under 100$ and I found the Tyro on Banggood, I’m training in a simulator ( if you could tell me another one on steam that’s free please do!)

try the tyro79 its same thing basically but 3inch

I have the exact same problem and the solder to ibus on the FC worked but only partially. I now have control in Betaflight. The Receiver tab shows me my receiver is talking to the FC. I have motor control but when I disconnect from betaflight my TX appears to do nothing. I am binded but it wont even arm. Any Ideas?
u set up arm on a switch in bf??

u set up arm on a switch in bf??
At first I had it on switch d but when that did not work I went to the mode tab and deleted the arm mode, saved and rebooted. My belief was that it would default to being armed with both sticks down and out. However it still won’t arm. Bf showing not armed also.
Side note: I am not sure if a bad VTX board would cause an arming failure but I appear to have a bad VTX also. I removed the Vtx and camera for now but I should still be able to arm and fly is that correct?

At first I had it on switch d but when that did not work I went to the mode tab and deleted the arm mode, saved and rebooted. My belief was that it would default to being armed with both sticks down and out. However it still won’t arm. Bf showing not armed also.
Side note: I am not sure if a bad VTX board would cause an arming failure but I appear to have a bad VTX also. I removed the Vtx and camera for now but I should still be able to arm and fly is that correct?

Did you try making sure the the aux port for arm on the mode tab was set correctly?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax