Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

tyro99 setup??

poopfaceheadman

Reaction score
i got my tryo99 built today. i watched several build videos since i ordered it last month, but every video the guy uses a different radio than i have. my radio is flysky fs-i6s with fs-ia6b reciever. i have downloaded betaflight and blheli configurators. i have looked at several other videos on how to get the radio and flight controller setup but it is very confusing to me as i havent used a computer in about 10 years. i am running windows 7 on a 2013 computer i loaned from my brother. any help would be awesome. thanks.

here is some pics of what i got
20180925_195309.jpg20180925_195454.jpg20180925_195317.jpg20180925_195343.jpg
also the transmitter antenna is tightened to the nut but is very wobbly. i figured id grind the nut down till it stops wobbling and is snug. any sugestions?
thanks again

Reactions: progiboff
Is the problem that you can’t bind the receiver to the remote or that you can’t get the quad to respond to the receiver?

i havent tried to bind the reciever as im not sure what it should be set up as(ppm ibus sbus) there are no good vodeos that i have found covering this setup

i got the rx and tx bound and i have my fc talking to beta flight. but i can not get the tx to talk to the rx. when i go into beta flight to test the inpust nothing happens all the values stay at 1500. i have is set to serial on uart2 and ibus in config screen. i have output mode on my tx set to ibus the plug is in my reciever on the ibus servo port but still nothing is happening. any help?

here is what i have for screenshots in knida lost...only thing ive seen is other reviews on banggood say you gotta solder a bridge on the fc for sbus/ibus operation. ima try that...20180927_162213.jpg20180927_162224.jpg20180927_162233.jpg20180927_162248.jpg

Last edited:
ya after stareing at for a long time thats what i thought too. ill do that after work and see if i can get in the air. thanks

Dang, can you get replacement arms for it?
ya i ordered 3 a few hours ago. so is this how fpv is for beginners? kinda reminds me of when i first started with rc cars...break, fix, break, fix...then after a while not so much breaking. atleast arms are only $5 each.

Yup, that is exactly what it is like when you are new, when you push the envelope a little too hard, and when you are learning a new trick/move. Fly, Crash, Fix, Repeat... age old story!

Depends what you use it for on how well it holds up, it is certainly a part of the arsenal along with hot glue gun and my personal favorite “Welders” glue because it is easily removable, holds great and doesn’t melt which is great for like Tiny Whoop cam/vtx mounting where hot glue would melt due to heat from vtx. Whatcha gonna try and glue lol. [emoji6][emoji23]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput