Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

TYRO99 not responding to transmitter inputs.

maigi97

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new in this hobby, so I wanted to start with some cheap equipment. I bought the TYRO99 drone, a FLYSKY FS-I6 transmitter and a FS-A8S receiver.
After building the drone, i followed this video "
" for Betaflight setup. Everything seems to be working expect the drone doesn't react to the transmitter inputs. They are not event showing up in Betaflight.
screenshot.png
The receiver is connected to the transmitter.

Did I messed up anything while building? I connected the receiver like this to the flight controller:rx-fc.jpg

Hope I could explain my issue well enough.

Kind regards
Marcel

I think so... At least I followed some videos for setting those up.
But when i move the sticks there is nothing showing up in Betaflight.

Check your ports tab that you have SBUS turned on, and that it's on the correct port. (there shouldn't be many ports to choose from, process of elimination won't take long)

You can also tell if you're properly paired to the controller. When you plug the drone in a light should come up on the RX. Then, when you turn your controller on, that light should change color. Turn it off and it changes back. If your controller doesn't have an effect on the RX, then it's likely not paired.

Another thing to remember is not all FC send power to the RX through the USB, often the battery needs to be plugged in for the RX to get power.

I have now tried all "UART" Ports but it still stays like in the first screenshot.

The TX and RX are paired. When I turn the TX on the light on the RX stops blinking and vice versa.

The USB also powers the RX, but I tried it also with the Battery.

Reactions: rtkDarling
if you are using ibus you have to put a dab of solder across 2 pads. i had same issue. works great now

Attachments

• 20180927_164722.jpg
    20180927_164722.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • 20180928_152350.jpg
    20180928_152350.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 107
Hello everybody,

I am having the same issue with my newly bought receivers. The transmitter I am using is also the flysky I6 and receiver FS Ia8s. I just bought a PNP(sbus) eachine trashcan installed the receiver, binded it to the transmitter. Configurated the setup to sbus in betaflight... but no input. I am running out of options.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks!

Have you checked your modes? I had the same issue, all of my other channels were working but my sticks wouldn't respond, Its because my failsafe was active and my sticks were set to no pulse, reset up your modes and it may fix the issue.

Hi all,

I'm new in this hobby, so I wanted to start with some cheap equipment. I bought the TYRO99 drone, a FLYSKY FS-I6 transmitter and a FS-A8S receiver.
After building the drone, i followed this video "
" for Betaflight setup. Everything seems to be working expect the drone doesn't react to the transmitter inputs. They are not event showing up in Betaflight.
View attachment 2950
The receiver is connected to the transmitter.

Did I messed up anything while building? I connected the receiver like this to the flight controller:View attachment 2949

Hope I could explain my issue well enough.

Kind regards
Marcel
Did you ever get this sorted? Having the exact same issue right now. And theres nothing online about how to fix it.
Thanks.

Welcome to the forum @Conorpatterson and @jongillis!

Keep in mind that the radio and receiver need to use the same protocol, and some need to be at compatible firmware revs to bind together. There are 2 sides that need to be accomplished to make the quad work, 1 is the radio (TX) to Receiver (RX) bind on 1 side, and the wiring connection and proper configuration between the RX and the Flight Controller (FC) in the quad. We can't help much if we don't know a few of the specifics of what you may have. Youtube can give you enough basic background knowledge to begin to troubleshoot whatever may be wrong, and if you can explain to us, we may be able to help too.

Thank you @HighTechPauper
I purchased the TYRO99 DIY kit and it has a newer F4 controller. I have attached via sbus (using connector) my FrSky XM+ and bound it to my transmitter. (Radiomaster TX16s). The light does turn green when the transmitter is turned on.
I have never configured from scratch so I copied the 'model' on the transmitter from a working Arris x110hd drone that works perfect. I made the changes recommended from the TYRO directions via betaflight.
I have control of the motors via betaflight so I assume the controller is talking to the driver board.
I must be missing a failsafe or arming option somewhere is all I can think of.
I realize there are a million possibilities when it comes to these but I always appreciate any information.
Humbled again.
Thank you,
Jon

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hi Jon, there are a couple of steps here that you will need to check...

1. WITH PROPS OFF!!! Power everything up while the quad is plugged into Betaflight Configurator and see if the Receiver tab shows movement when you move the sticks, if it does then you can move forward, if not then the RX and the FC are not talking to each other and you will need to look at the FC config (Ports and Configuration tabs) to try and sort it. Let us know what you are getting and we can try to help further.

2. If you are getting stick movement in the Receiver tab in Betaflight Configurator then the RX is talking to the FC and it may just be a matter of configuring your switches and setting some things (like ARM) in the Modes tab of Betaflight Configurator.

Let us know.

Hey jongillis,
This might sound stupid but just to check have you toggled the "I understand the risks" tab ?

Attachments

• KIMG1610.JPG
    KIMG1610.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 1
Hey jongillis,
This might sound stupid but just to check have you toggled the "I understand the risks" tab ?
Thank you but I already mentioned I have control of the motors in Betaflight. I admit it took me a minute to see that 'risks' tab.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax