Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tyro 99 reciever not talking to flight controller/betaflight

Rex Batt

Reaction score
I have a tyro 99 using a matek f405 plug anf play type module. everything works apart from the reciever (fs-ia6) will not talk to the fc, or the fc does not respond on betaflight. the rx binds and shows connection to the tx (flysky fs-i6). i have all the latest firmware amd have jumped the center pad on the board to the ibus pad. i would really appreciate it if someone has any advice?
here are some picture of what i have got:IMG-0547.jpgIMG-0546.jpgIMG-0545.jpgIMG-0543.jpgIMG-0542.jpgIMG-0547.jpgIMG-0546.jpgIMG-0545.jpgIMG-0543.jpgIMG-0542.jpgIMG-0540.jpgIMG-0539.jpgIMG-0547.jpgIMG-0546.jpgIMG-0545.jpgIMG-0543.jpgIMG-0542.jpgIMG-0540.jpgIMG-0539.jpg

I don't know anything about the Flysky stuff to help, but it is either wired to the wrong port on the FC or on the wrong pins of the RX are connected. I think IBus is and UN-inverted protocol so it can't go to an SBus pad which is set up for Inverted protocols.

Hi there have you tried plug in the battery , sometimes the FC does not send 5v for the receiver if you are just using the USB cable.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I don't know anything about the Flysky stuff to help, but it is either wired to the wrong port on the FC or on the wrong pins of the RX are connected. I think IBus is and UN-inverted protocol so it can't go to an SBus pad which is set up for Inverted protocols.
The fc I have has a plug for the rx and 3 pads to jump depending if you want sbus or Ibus/ppm
The fc can be found is you search tyro 99 fc.
Thanks for replying

When I look at the pictures of the FS-Ia6 on the web it doesn't look like the one in your picture, are you sure you are on the S/+/- pins?

The picture almost makes it look like the solder bridge isn't being made, hard to tell by the picture so maybe you can take a close look or ohm it out with a meter?
1583262158911.png

I str
When I look at the pictures of the FS-Ia6 on the web it doesn't look like the one in your picture, are you sure you are on the S/+/- pins?
i stripped of the cover because it is quite large so it would fit on the frame, it does not power on if I plug it in any other way around, thanks for replying

The picture almost makes it look like the solder bridge isn't being made, hard to tell by the picture so maybe you can take a close look or ohm it out with a meter?
View attachment 3973
I am pretty sure that the joint is made just think the photo had a dark reflection or something

Attachments

• C16420B5-3C43-4298-8D1F-2F910655F622.jpeg
    C16420B5-3C43-4298-8D1F-2F910655F622.jpeg
    817.5 KB · Views: 6
Something to think about. Make sure you are using the right USB cable. Some are for charging only. You need a cable that is a Data and charge. I made that mistake for 2 days trying to understand why my computer wouldn't connect with my Amazon Fire HD 10.?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax