Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Turtle mode

mrmund

Reaction score
I've set up turtle mode on my Tinyhawk 2 but I can't get it to flip over. The motors spin backwards only on the side I'm commanding with the stick so it looks like it's set up correctly but it won't flip over. I thought maybe it was the wood floor it was on so I tried a yoga mat but still no luck. It seems like it's not creating enough thrust but I don't know, this is my first try with turtle mode.
Thanks for any advice you've got

Attachments

• Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    316.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    262.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    296.6 KB · Views: 6
I've also set it up on my Tinyhawk 2 and trying to flip over on a slick surface almost never works. It just slides across the floor. It does work for me if it's on a rug (don't have a yoga mat to try), and also outside, if the grass doesn't jam up the props.

One thing you can try is adjusting the endpoints on your AUX 3 switch so that it gives you a full 2000 in Betaflight. I'm not sure what throttle level you'd have at 1900 that's shown in your third picture.

I'm sorry. I had a senior moment on my last comment. The AUX 3 switch is only selecting turtle mode, not the throttle speed. So 1900 on it will still work, as shown in your second picture. As long as your throttle channel goes all the way to 2000 when at full throttle, you should be good.

Have you tried flipping over in different directions? Sometimes mine will not flip over if I move the stick one way, but it will if I try another direction.

I was flying today, capsized on the black top, wouldn't flip over(haven't tried to change settings yet, went flying instead).
Flew some 1s batteries then switched over to the 2s. Crashed upside down, flipped the switches toggled the roll and over it went. Seems like it needs more power. I bet your settings change will work Okw

Reactions: okw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz