Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tuning Betaflight 3.4 vs Raceflight

Keifie

Reaction score
I have been using BF flight controllers since I got started in this hobby over a year ago. I've got a few quads & not all fly well w/the stock BF settings. I've been trying hard to make adjustments for the quads that aren't as smooth. I've got one quad that flies amazing w/stock PID's. But it also has soft mounting on all motors (Diatone GT2S). All FC's are soft mounted on each quad.
My question is are there any pilots here that have experience w/both BF & RF? How do you compare the two? Is RF the real hype? And is RF somewhat easier to tune if needed? Thanks

Reactions: Wayno52
My first BNF was the 2017 Diatone GT2. I've since replaced the FC w/CL Racing F4S, VTX, & installed CRSF. It's always been a good performer. I ordered the late 2017 GT2S frame kit w/ their Edge Racing 2306/2450kv motors & matching ESC's running DShot600, using the CLR F4S FC. Running BF stock PID w/my rates. It's the smoothest quad I've flown. I just installed BF 3.4 & upgraded w/ some of the new features like throttle boost & absolute control.

Haven't used BF since trying RF
RF's stock tunes are money and its way easier to set up
AND then theres the gummies, best fc mount out there
The hardest part of setting up RF is putting the gummies in the fc....lol, true

Reactions: Wayno52 and Keifie
So with RF the stock tune is good with any style quad? I have and like to fly a variety of styles and sizes. Mainly 5" but sometimes my 1407 motors 3". I've always used BF I guess because thats where I started and theres so much info on it too. I am getting where I can tell if theres a good solid tune or not on my quads now. And with my OCD I'm having a challenge with BF to get a couple tunes Money

Yes, part of the set up ask's you which size quad (3", 5", 6") and also freestyle or racing and you have a few options each

Reactions: Keifie

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax