Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Trouble with Taranis/R-XSR...

baevans11

Reaction score
I just switched to Taranis x9d plus and I put a rxsr on my chameleon. I jumped the 5v jumper and wired the rxsr on the same uart my lemonrx was on. I set up the model in my taranis and changed the tab in configurator to sbus, I also still have the serial rx on uart 2. I changed the channel map to taer1234. I put the taranis into bind mode and powered on the quad with the bind button held down and the red light started blinking after a few seconds I unplugged the quad and took the tx out of bind mode, turned of tx and back on then powered quad on and I got a solid green and blue light like the manual says I should have. But I don' get any response in Betaflight. Sometimes the taranis keeps saying telemetry lost then found then lost sometimes it doesn' say that. But it does say it when I unplug the quad from BF. I' new to frsky and I don' know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

does bf ever read the tx in the reciever tab? I'm new too but just went through something similar with bf, x9d+ and xm+ rx.
I can' get any of the channel bars or switches to work in the rx tab, no. I followed a video on setting up a new model and setting switches on a taranis but I could'e missed something I just don' know what. One thing I read online was that the firmware needs to match but if it didn' I feel like it wouldn' go from a green solid light to a red blinking one on the rx when I turn off the tx. I'm stumped.

the install for the stm driver is a two step...

the exe i downloaded and kicked only unpacked more files. i had to run this (pic) to actually load the driver. once i did that, the reciever tab showed my tx input.

Attachments

• 1511147694869520123604.jpg
    1511147694869520123604.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Reactions: VirtueViolater
the install for the stm driver is a two step...

the exe i downloaded and kicked only unpacked more files. i had to run this (pic) to actually load the driver. once i did that, the reciever tab showed my tx input.
So is this a driver you installed on your taranis? I'm confused sorry.

I just switched to Taranis x9d plus and I put a rxsr on my chameleon. I jumped the 5v jumper and wired the rxsr on the same uart my lemonrx was on. I set up the model in my taranis and changed the tab in configurator to sbus, I also still have the serial rx on uart 2. I changed the channel map to taer1234. I put the taranis into bind mode and powered on the quad with the bind button held down and the red light started blinking after a few seconds I unplugged the quad and took the tx out of bind mode, turned of tx and back on then powered quad on and I got a solid green and blue light like the manual says I should have. But I don' get any response in Betaflight. Sometimes the taranis keeps saying telemetry lost then found then lost sometimes it doesn' say that. But it does say it when I unplug the quad from BF. I' new to frsky and I don' know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Which Fc are you using? Are you able to post photo of connection to board and screenshots of ports tab and Rx tab?

Which Fc are you using? Are you able to post photo of connection to board and screenshots of ports tab and Rx tab?
I' using a betaflight f3 controller and I'll post pics tomorrow when I'm off. I just built a micro with an xm plus rx and my taranis works fine so I know it' a hardware issue with the fc or rx on my chameleon.

Reactions: JohnnyNotech

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax