Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Trim issues

Sambo1988

Reaction score
Hi all

I’m wondering if anyone can help me with the trim on my quad.

If I trim it in one mode the swap to another eg horizon to Acro it then needs trimming again.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Sam

I haven’t how is that done?

I seem to have made it better I have recalibrated the accelerometer and made sure everything was perfectly flat and tweaked the sub trim while connected to beta flight and it has levelled it off well but still changes slightly between modes

Thanks

Reactions: Wayno52
You need a ESC calibrating software (compatible to the firmware being used in the ESCs) in order to get it done, for example if your ESCs are BLHeli type, you can calibrate them with BLHeli Suite software. You can google it and get it for free. But you must find out what your ESCs are running first, to know what program to use.

Ok I’ll look into thank you does this apply for rtf quads too

Thanks

Ok I’ll look into thank you does this apply for rtf quads too

Thanks
Yes. All quads have the same make up of components. They vary by manufacturer. A lot may use generic components, ECSs for example. But they may still be running BLHeli software or other common software on them. If your ESCs are not BLHeli, I highly recommend replacing them with ones that are. BLHeli is reliable in my opinion and very stable. Second, was that I was gonna ask if you calibrated your accelerometers but it seems you already did that. That is a biggie.

Great. Then you should be able to calibrate them with BLHeli Suite. There's lots of vids on YouTube that will teach you how to use it to fine tune your ESCs. Good luck!

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Thanks for the help Neo.

I’m not at that stage yet I’m trying to get used to the quad in horizon but don’t want to do it to long, worried about learning bad habbits a want to try and learn Acro from the get go.

But I’m very green.

Thanks

I am just flying LOS at the moment but I have a phantom so shouldn’t think it will take long to adjust to the sensitivity this one. But hoping to get out and try FPV this weekend but a little nervous don’t want to trash my quad.

You will have a ball. Big open area, little amount of people around as possible and take care. Safety is always number 1 .
Oh and you will crash. Lots so don’t be too hard on yourself, we all crash.
Stock up on spares to reduce downtime too.

I’m fully expecting to crash a lot I know that these quads are a lot more robust that the phantoms.I have plenty of props what else do you recomemd keeping in as spares.

Thanks

I’m not sure about that particular quad but most have certain areas of weakness. At a very minimum you will want prop nuts, antennas and any screws/ nuts and bolts that hold your bird together. Regularly check all screws/ nuts and bolts as they come loose.

Thanks it’s a Loki x3 I have plenty of low valtage alarms, plenty of batteries, props nuns and bolts I’ll slowly stock up bits and bobs.
I have quite a few bits from when I used to be into RC cars.

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax