Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tried to lower my rates from around 900 to 550

Thanks a lot. I must admit, that hypersmooth did help me quite a bit ;-)

I'm still playing around with my rates and I lowered them a tiny bit more. I'm at 525 on all axes now. I don't know any good way to find my optimal rates, so it's pretty much trial and error.

Reactions: ebeez
My 10c on rates and expo.
I still want a snappy 750 deg per sec when doing rolls and flips at full stick deflection. I use Expo curves to soften the middle half of stick throw and retain full roll rates at full stick deflection.

If you slow down rates too much, your roles/flips or avoidance moves may not complete rotation before meeting the ground.

Nate and I run 800-840 rates but use 30% RC Expo to soften the center stick. I would advise using RC expo to soften/smooth out input but retain full throw or at least 750 at least. Here is Nates Sköll. If it feels to fast just add more expo.... maybe 35 to 40 even.
15741835198385874402803056086270.jpg

Reactions: ebeez
Thanks for the explanation Futuramille.

I run expo .20 on pitch and roll, but I think its hard to dose movements with more than half stick with higher rates or more expo than what I have now.

Im no longer able to make snappy moves with low rates, but I find it easier to keep a nice flow. I reckon its a tradeoff, but I never cared much for that fast flip flop flying anyway. I know its great for showoff, but I dont like how it look on video. These lower rates forces me to fly different, and I will give it a month or two before I make up my mind. I can always revert to my usual 900 rates, that I have flown for over a year, so I expect it shouldn't be too hard to adjust back if I don't like it :)

Reactions: Futuramille
My 10c on rates and expo.
I still want a snappy 750 deg per sec when doing rolls and flips at full stick deflection. I use Expo curves to soften the middle half of stick throw and retain full roll rates at full stick deflection.

If you slow down rates too much, your roles/flips or avoidance moves may not complete rotation before meeting the ground.

Nate and I run 800-840 rates but use 30% RC Expo to soften the center stick. I would advise using RC expo to soften/smooth out input but retain full throw or at least 750 at least. Here is Nates Sköll. If it feels to fast just add more expo.... maybe 35 to 40 even.
View attachment 3708
Ya man mine are pretty much the same .. depending on what I doing i range from 30-35 on the expo.

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax