Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

To micro drone pilots:

Jacobcullen

Reaction score
Is it better to get a brushless micro new movies on netflix like the snapper7 or a brushed drone like the whoops from newbeedrone?
From what I hear a brushless micro is completely better. Like almost indefinite motor life (compared to a few hours), 123 movies more motor power, movies and it’s cheaper for the snapper7 on banggood (like $86 compared to $140 on newbeedrone)
I was wondering if anyone had any strong opinions one way or another or could recommend something even better. Thanks!

Last edited:
It really depends on various factors as I see it.

Budget: What can you afford? For the cost of 1 brush-less motor you can get 3 full sets of brushed, the cost of just the camera or vtx you can have an AIO camera, frames are low cost, most often can be 3D printed (NFE Boss for example) and most are AIO set-ups. The motors might not last as long, but replacing one is generally easier and cheaper. Brushed are lighter, so crashing can be less likely to break something, so being new to the hobby, it could be more cost effective to cut your teeth on cheaper gear til your ready to up the ante.

Where are you going to fly: smaller, confined, indoors can restrict the quad size and speed so brushed can work great in those areas. Or if there are restrictions on flying them, and having something smaller, quieter, and less conspicuous might

Repair skill: If something breaks, how skilled are you to repair it or is it going to just be a buy a new one and replace it.

How are you looking to fly? Freestyle, race, proximity, doesn't matter so long as I am flying? You can do all the above with brushed or brushless tho you would be restricted on some moves due to power issues with brushed.

Personally I started with brushed and after about 9 months I got a BabyhawkR and build my own 3" a few months after than but I still have a few brushed quads in my Kwad-out bag so I can fly as the location and/or situation dictates.

*drops two cents in the bucket*

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufgatorvet