Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tinyhawk camera issue

Roadking

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
Not sure what happened but my Tinyhawk camera is blurry. I tried cleaning and adjusting (turning) the lens. I am trying to fly through a hoop but I don't see it until I'm too close to go through. When I miss the hoop and turn, I have to search the field to find it and by then I'm either too far off or too close to adjust and steer through.
See the example video. Is the resolution normal or is my camera whacked?
Thank you for any suggestions.
Blurry Camera Example

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Not sure what happened but my Tinyhawk camera is blurry. I tried cleaning and adjusting (turning) the lens. I am trying to fly through a hoop but I don't see it until I'm too close to go through. When I miss the hoop and turn, I have to search the field to find it and by then I'm either too far off or too close to adjust and steer through.
See the example video. Is the resolution normal or is my camera whacked?
Thank you for any suggestions.
Blurry Camera Example

It sure looks like the focus is indeed off, I have been surprised a number of times at how far I needed to adjust the lens from where it was (spinning it in or out) to get the focus back. I would suggest having another go at it to see if you can't get it to focus. Obviously it is much easier to do if you have an external 5.8G vRX so you don't have to be in the goggles to tell, and getting it just right is usually a matter of going slightly too far in, because once you tighten the Lens Lock Ring it will move slightly outward again as it tightens.

once you tighten the Lens Lock Ring it will move slightly outward again as it tightens.
Hmmmm. No locking ring on mine. Maybe I'm adjusting it ok but the vibration when flying makes it move a bit.
Maybe a small dab of locktight?

Last edited:
Yup, you’re right, just looked on mine and no lock ring on these tiny cams. Yes a small drop of thread locker would do, but I would suggest E-6000, Shoe Goo, or Welder, you can easily remove it, it is impervious to any heat, and won’t attack the plastic. I use Welder because I found it worked great on my Tiny Whoops, and while sturdy, peels right off when needed, just be extra careful not to get any on your lens or it will be ruined. IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0001.jpg

Reactions: RENOV8R

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput