Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Tinyhawk 2 Maiden Flight

• Thread starter Deleted member 3641
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3641

I just took it easy with the stock 1S pack flying in angle mode. It doesn't look like the RX is that great as I was getting RX warnings while flying behind the garage. That doesn't happen with my other whoops. Sorry for the vid quality but its the FatShark's crummy DVR and it was just after sundown. I have an external DVR coming from Banggood that I ordered a couple of weeks ago so I should have it in the next month or so. The sad part is that it is shipping from Canada to the US, and still has a huge delay...

Yes the internal spi is poor. I found the vTX when running at 200 is pretty decent though. There is a UART pad on the AIO so you could add an XM+ V2 mini

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Nice flight and place to fly! I get "Telemetry Lost" warnings all of the time with my TH2 but the FPV signal gives out before I can ever lose control. The FS DVR does suck at video quality but does really come in handy for finding the little bugger sometimes. I did install an external beeper on mine which has come in handy quite a lot. You will find that it tends to lose props a lot for some reason. I ended up using just a teeny tiny amount of blue Loctite on mine and have not lost a prop since. They seem to come off when it lands in the grass and their translucent color makes them impossible to find. I'm thinking of painting them fluorescent pink. ;)

Overall, I really like my TH2 a lot for fun flying and it is a very durable little quad as well. I have bumped into the steel high tension tower I fly around so many times.

If you really want to see it's potential, try flying it in Air mode. It will amaze you with it's agility and speed. So much fun to fly. Enjoy it! ?

I use the Eachine EV800D goggles with diversity and a 6bi gain patch and omni and the video actually out does the telem. I only ever had a failsafe once and that was out over 300 meters. Here is my channel if you wish to look through some of the vids. I've only been doing this hobby since the start of the COVID lock down so go easy :p Dan Morley

I have a pair of the EV800D goggles with the same antenna setup but I am not getting as good of video range as I get with my FS HD2 goggles. The DVR however is much better. I will experiment with some different antennas.

i found the best combo to be the factory omni as I tried the TBS and it wasn't great and the Menace Bandicoot patch as this performs better than the stingpad. I'm using R4 channel as well but not sure that makes any difference. I wanted to get the AXII combo antenna kit from Lumeneir as believe those to be very good but can never get them as always out of stock.

I finally got the little external DVR (mentioned above) that I ordered from Banggood (NoGood) and of course, there is a problem. On the website it shows two cables with jacks on both ends, and they sent me two cables with just bare wires on one end (useless). Trying to deal with their customer service to get anything done about it is a joke and quite a headache... I am not even going to try. I am done ordering anything from them. I have not tried it yet, but it will be just my luck that the DVR won't work either....

image1(2).jpeg

image2(1).jpeg

Very frustrating and i bet you waited a month for it too. It's very tempting to use them as prices are always 20% cheaper than anywhere else but this is the risk. Hope you sort it

Very frustrating and i bet you waited a month for it too. It's very tempting to use them as prices are always 20% cheaper than anywhere else but this is the risk. Hope you sort it
Yea it was about a month any it only had to travel from Canada to the US. :rolleyes:
I'm not even going to bother trying to get it rectified with Banggood as it is not worth the hassle. I ordered the cable I need from Fleabay and had it a couple of days later. Still have not had a chance to try it out with my new job and hoping the unit itself will work...
I got it through Banggood because they were the only ones I could get it from. It records in 1080p where all the others are 720p.

Overall, I really like my TH2 a lot for fun flying and it is a very durable little quad as well. I have bumped into the steel high tension tower I fly around so many times.
I have only gotten to fly my TH2 once so far because I started a new job and haven't had the time to fly since.
Shortly before that I was at a friends house flying my 85mm Whoop (and others) and tried to hit the gap on the porch and did not make it. I flew right into the post and it fell two stories and landed on the concrete. I was worried that I damaged something as everything went black after it hit. I picked it up and put a fresh battery in it and it was fine... Gotta love those little whoops! They take a lickin' and keep on tickin'...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax