Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Throttle erratic in new build?

Heartbeat427

Reaction score
I've just put together my first (built by me) quad and the throttle is erratic when controlled by the radio but smooth as silk when I use the motor test screen, or set the pids to zeros, any help would be appreciated!

Fc32 rev 6 controller, frsky x4r-sb, taranis radio, tbs bulletproof 25a esc, Mr steele silk motors, blade theory x frame, tbs unify hv vtx,

This thing should kill it and it's beginning to frustrate me lol
a66d4283799201f29223dfe60272304e.jpg
ea03148120eba400ae175c75948c666a.jpg
20564459045ab0b0ae046d196fa7b89f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't have the props on, it is normal for it to freak out on the bench. That is the PID loop reacting to vibrations. Don't worry, that is normal.

e0b5be51d2b324b656a203e2572e1e55.png

Does it matter if all of my motors soon exactly opposite of this?

Some people fly with props in reverse direction but I'm not sure what extra setup is needed, i never tried it. You can reverse the motors using the blheli configurator chrome app.

Stock betaflight PIDs are very good, you shouldn't need to adjust them to get flying well.

Some people fly with props in reverse direction but I'm not sure what extra setup is needed, i never tried it. You can reverse the motors using the blheli configurator chrome app.

Stock betaflight PIDs are very good, you shouldn't need to adjust them to get flying well.

Did this and it seems to have sorted all the rogue oscillations right out soon as my beeper shows up I'm gonna take it out thanks again for your help

Reactions: VirtueViolater
So it flys awesome but it still has a weird oscillation in what I assume is the yaw loop makes it a bit twitchy any suggestions

Well it's not the screws and I'm taking it apart this evening to look for shorts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput