Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

This is how it is when you don't get regular stick time.

Apart from flashbacks of apocalypse now, nice work! Guessing you’re flying north of Perth with the soccer goals on the pitch? I’ve been looking at the DT 349, happy with it?

Reactions: Wayno52
Yeah mate, up in Kinross.
I love flying this bird.
Sooo quick it's just as I say, not enough stick time to do anything special at the moment.
Working FIFO in Sydney ATM and can't fly a lot there.
Lucky if I get a few packs once a week.
Where you at mate? South?

Reactions: Futuramille
Yeah mate, up in Kinross.
I love flying this bird.
Sooo quick it's just as I say, not enough stick time to do anything special at the moment.
Working FIFO in Sydney ATM and can't fly a lot there.
Lucky if I get a few packs once a week.
Where you at mate? South?
Down south beyond Manjimup and the only soul down here that has a quad. Absolute banjo country, no one bothers me and that’s a good thing. Had a crap week with destroying gear , but on the mend. I work fifo out in the goldfields so I’m hearing you for time to get out there. Family bought me an armattan chameleon ti 6” for my birthday so I’m getting my head around flying a truck where a barina used to fit. All good.

Haha lol, I've been through the 5".micro phase but I really like the 3" size.
Super fast and durable too.
They do the GT R349 in HD now too but mixes reviews.
Wow, lucky to be down there mate.
Beautiful part of the country.
Do you take them on your fifo?

Haha lol, I've been through the 5".micro phase but I really like the 3" size.
Super fast and durable too.
They do the GT R349 in HD now too but mixes reviews.
Wow, lucky to be down there mate.
Beautiful part of the country.
Do you take them on your fifo?
Yeah I’ve been taking a disposable x220 (don’t ask) on my rotations. I’m going to take something smaller in the future purely because I am getting into the smaller quads due to the amount of fun I’m having without swinging a pig through the trees at work (clearly not in the league of some of the crew here). I’ve been talking to Grant about options in the 3” range and maybe your R349 is an option. I do want to capture HD footage but I don’t want the grief of spending more time in BF than flying...

Well I can well and truly vouch for the 349 but the HD version comes with the caddx v2 and everyone raves about it except in the HD 349. Not sure why?
I'm in the same boat now, buy birds with HD built in but we all know that doesn't always work as expected.
Other option is to build your own?
I don't have the time, patience nor the soldering skills yet.
Grant is also getting in the fullspeed toothpick which looks great on 3s.
Not HD and not anywhere near as fast as the gt, but looks like a lot of fun.
I already put in a pre order.

that was awesome Wayne! your getting real smooth. I fly almost everyday and crashed three times with the 2" practicing a back flip with half roll through a tree gap in my back yard yesterday.
If your not crashing your not pushing/learning.. at.least thats what Ive found.
nothing but bent blades. you're absolutely right about how tough the mini and micro quads are. great to see you got out and ripped a few packs!

Thanks heaps JJ, yeah so tough and same thing just bent props.
Unfortunately the weather has turned ugly for the next few days.
I'm home until next Tuesday morning but weather looks bad until then.
Hopefully get at least 1 more decent session in before I fly out though.
How's Nate doing buddy?

Well I can well and truly vouch for the 349 but the HD version comes with the caddx v2 and everyone raves about it except in the HD 349. Not sure why?
I'm in the same boat now, buy birds with HD built in but we all know that doesn't always work as expected.
Other option is to build your own?
I don't have the time, patience nor the soldering skills yet.
Grant is also getting in the fullspeed toothpick which looks great on 3s.
Not HD and not anywhere near as fast as the gt, but looks like a lot of fun.
I already put in a pre order.
Hearing you, I’ve got a week old Mobula 7 HD that is currently with the warranty coroner to determine cause of death. No crashes or hits of note but simply expired when I changed out one of the packs. The start up beeps suggest FC failure but no idea why, dropped my trashcan in a tray of water I’d only just filled for the chooks and it all went down hill from there (another victim of the much written ‘drop out’). Just looking for a reliable HD quad that is no more than 3” and I’m all good. No issues with accepting responsibility for hitting stuff through the forest, but unexplained and unplanned failure is not good enough given the money we are investing. Price point is not so much of an issue as crap quality.

Yep it's an expensive hobby at times.
Grant has the 349 HD in stock so could be a good option. ?
Yes I’ve been having a look at the 349 HD but Grant suggested I hold off for a bit as there is some wild 4S kit turning up on our shores in the near future. In the meantime I’m doing some mods to my furibee x140 (camera, props and the like) and sorting out my hawk 5 so that it resembles more of a quad and not a fridge with props.

First off, HEY GUYS!!!
Now on to the meat...
Wayne, nothing wrong with that flight brother!
Ebeez, trashcan, mobula, and the like with crazybee and built in RX, bind in D8 mode and there will be no failsafes. Mob7HD, can’t safely handle 3s, they need a 100 microfarad cap added to the power pigtail, xt30 side is easiest, or they can blow by simply plugging in a batt (power spike that the cap will smooth out) and the throttle should be limited to 75%. You tell those people at HappyModel that this is well known in the community, they sold it with 3s, and now they suggest the V2 which has a cap AND 9000kv motors instead of the 10000kv just to stop this kind of stuff. If you complain enough and don’t listen to their BS that it flew fine so they can only give a good discount on replacement parts, they know there is an issue and it is well documented in the FPV community. Good luck, I didn’t have all this info when my first one blew for no reason, so I ended up getting replacement FC/ESC combo at a reduced price to get her going again, had I known then what I know now, I wouldn’t have let them off so easy.
Futuramille, I am so close to you but still too far to come for a visit since I have the wife and dogs with me. If you feel like a 3 hour drive to come see your buddy, I am in Jupiter for 2 more weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayno52 and ebeez

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput