Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

The resurrection of "Frank"...

Spider,

Actually the 250B was and still continues to be a great learning tool for me. I flew the heck out of this thing! I also learned how to install and bind a FrSky TX, upgrade my FC, camera and VTX. Learned how to use Cleanflight and flash and use Betaflight. Comparatively speaking, it's a somewhat old and flawed design. Using the PDB as part of the structure seems really stupid to me but many quads seem to do it.

Now I'm getting lessons in the frame, new FC's, ESC's, Motors and I'm learning how to solder! I now understand that the 250B is a dog when compared to this newer stuff but it's been worth every penny for all it's been able to teach me.

Looks like you're figuring out quite a bit about this hobby too. Although, I think you have quite a bit more electronics experience than me. I hope you get your new build up and going as well! It sounds like you're getting there.

Jerry

Yeah learning a lot recently. Can't wait to actually get her flying nicely so I can go and do some acro flying. It's a fun hobby and I'm learning to enjoy the build process more.

Meet Frank!

Modified X-Speed 250B Frame
Betaflight AIO F3 flight Controller, PDB, OSD, SD Slot for BB
Aikon AIK-3002 Aikon SEFM 30A w/BLHeli_S ESC's
EMAX RS2205 2300KV Brushless Motors
Foxeer XAT600M HS1177 600TVL CCD FPV Camera
FrSky XSR 2.4G 16CH S-Bus Receiver
TBS 5.8G Antenna
TS5823S 5.8G 200mW 40CH VTX (Awaiting Tramp HV)
Turnigy Graphene 2200mah 3S 65C Lipo's
GemFam Master Series 5045BN Props
GoPro Session Video Camera

IMG_5210.JPG IMG_5211.JPG IMG_5212.JPG IMG_5213.JPG IMG_5214.JPG IMG_5215.JPG IMG_5216.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: theGreenOrange
Spider,

That's yet to be seen. Everything is looking good on the bench and in Betaflight but I don't have a clue if this pig can climb the air! The weather here hasn't been good but it's supposed to let up a bit tomorrow so I'm hoping to find out then. The experience has been great, hopefully, I learned a lot during the process.

Jerry

Spider,

That's yet to be seen. Everything is looking good on the bench and in Betaflight but I don't have a clue if this pig can climb the air! The weather here hasn't been good but it's supposed to let up a bit tomorrow so I'm hoping to find out then. The experience has been great, hopefully, I learned a lot during the process.

Jerry

Nice, I just installed the Seriously Dodo FC in my quad last night and everything seems to be going nicely. I'm going to work on trimming some wires that are long and figuring out some cabling issues..but hoping she might fly by the weekend.

I did also break down and order an Eachine Racer 250....Banggood got me good..it was on sale for like 20% off. So I got it and receiver for my radio for 100 bucks...can't beat that.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Spider,

Sounds good! It doesn't hurt to have a bird to fly while the other is on the bench.

Jerry

Yep, also working on another build...a 210 QAV-X clone frame by crazy pony. Figured I have enough spare parts to build another and it'll be good practice. getFPV has these FC's on sale for 10 bucks so I figured why not try it out:
OpenPilot CC3D Flight Controller / Lumenier Edition

Worst case I'll just swap it out with another FC in the future. For me it's more about getting more build experience. Plus it'll be fun to have another drone to fly.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Frank's first indoor test. Just wanted to make sure he'd get air, that I'm getting battery warnings and that my OSD is functioning properly. So far so good!

Jerry

Recording with iPad:

Same but through FPV camera with OSD:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax