Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

The new guy

Carlos

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is carlos and im from south florida. Im def new to all this. Been on youtube watching all you guys with your race drones and am seriously thinking about starting. I just bought my first kit. Nothing crazy but we will see how it goes. Any help from everyone on here will be much appreciated. Nice to meet everyone.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome, Carlos! Many of us here are "new guys" too so don't fell intmidated. I've just been at this FPV racing stuff a month or two myself. It's a whole different ball game than my Phantom flying and quite a bit more exciting.

There are some good guys on here that are always willing to help. All you have to do is ask! We've all got things we can offer to help each other out. I'm sure you've got some talents that will come into play for one of us as well!

Welcome again,

Jerry

Welcome, Carlos! Many of us here are "new guys" too so don't fell intmidated. I've just been at this FPV racing stuff a month or two myself. It's a whole different ball game than my Phantom flying and quite a bit more exciting.

There are some good guys on here that are always willing to help. All you have to do is ask! We've all got things we can offer to help each other out. I'm sure you've got some talents that will come into play for one of us as well!

Welcome again,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry,
Im looking forward to learning more about these drone racers. Should have all my stuff together by the end of next week. Once i get it all sorted out i shall have questions for sure. I ordered a kit from amazon which is the QAV250-ARF-CF Carbon Fiber Mini FPV Quadcopter ARF with a Taranis X9D plus 16-channel 2.4ghz ACCST Radio Transmitter (mode 2) with X8R Receiver. Lets see how it works out.

Carlos,

Look's like a good bird! You're going to love the Taranis Plus. Do some studying on it before you get your stuff, there is a lot to learn. I'm using an X8R on one bird and a couple of X4R's on two others. Fairly easy setup. You may want to consider a voltage sensor for the smartport on the X4R, it's pretty much plug and play and it'll provide battery voltage as well as individual cell voltages to your radio. Here's a link. Good luck!

Jerry

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014IYTFC2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hello everyone. My name is carlos and im from south florida. Im def new to all this. Been on youtube watching all you guys with your race drones and am seriously thinking about starting. I just bought my first kit. Nothing crazy but we will see how it goes. Any help from everyone on here will be much appreciated. Nice to meet everyone.

Here are a couple of things i bought;

D4R-II Receiver 4 Channel ACCST w/ Telemetry and 8 Channel CPPM w/ RSSI

Naze 32 Rev 6 Acro Flight Controller By Abusemark

RC Hobby C23212 LiPo Voltage Checker + Warning Buzzer

LUM-1300-3-35 1300mAh 3s 35c Lipo Battery (XT60)

I pretty much went with a kit that i saw someone put together on youtube as a beginner with a low budget.

Welcome to DRP Carlos . :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax