Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

TH2 Motor 4 Out

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
So motor 4 has stopped spinning when armed however it does spin when in BF motor tab.

I've re-soldered the wires onto the board in case it was something to do with that but no different.

Any ideas?

I was going to wire one of the spare TH2F motors on as a test to see if its the ESC. Is that advisable given the difference in spec (below)

TH0802 16000KV - TH2

TH1103-7000KV - TH2F

So motor 4 has stopped spinning when armed however it does spin when in BF motor tab.

I've re-soldered the wires onto the board in case it was something to do with that but no different.

Any ideas?

I was going to wire one of the spare TH2F motors on as a test to see if its the ESC. Is that advisable given the difference in spec (below)

TH0802 16000KV - TH2

TH1103-7000KV - TH2F
Is it possible to just swap the adjacent motor over to the esc you want to test? You can also grab a multimeter, put it onto continuity and check between the negative pin on your xt30 plug and each of the motor outputs on your board. Do the same again for the positive pin on the xt30 plug and the motor outputs. You should have an open circuit for each of these readings. If you get any continuity readings, it’s possible one of the mosfets for your ESCs is buggered.
In my case it’s usually a motor I’ve fried, particularly on the smaller quads I have.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I've just removed the suspect motor and looking at the magnets there seems to be two like a darker colour and bridging each other somehow with some hard material . I've looked at the other three and they don't have this

Attachments

• PXL_20200920_104102822.jpg
    PXL_20200920_104102822.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Very pleased, just wired in a spare TH2F with a zip tie to frame and it's spinning up just fine. Time to order some replacement motors i think. Weird what that material build up is on the magnets

For the record I've just wired in a new motor 4 and its fixed. Nice to know my AIO lives another day :p

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
I think you will find that hard material on some motors, it looks like "balancing putty" they use to balance the bell during production, don't remove it. It may be a broken wire that was causing you issues with that motor, the quality on the very small motors is still kind of hit and miss IMHO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mauritz60